Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rancid777

Oil problem solved! Finally!

Im on Dans Regimen and in searching for a solution to my oily skin i've tried a lot of moisturisers. Nivea oil control (shit, don't bother), Pure A garnier with Zinc and SA (alright, but not really oil controlling) and a vaselin intensive care one. Im now using the Holy Grail!!

L'oreal have this Pure Zone product line, i think its been in the USA for a while, but it says "new!" on the packet, so i dunno. Anyway, Im in the UK. This wonderful product is the L'oreal Pure Zone 3- Anti-regreasing Moisturiser

Its expensive, £5 for 75ml, but wow, does it work!

Heres a link to it, i really recommend this moisturiser for people with oily skin!

Best thing ever for oily skin

Hope this helps people, and hope it hasn't been posted about before!

Looks good to me...

I did a google search and a search on a couple of websites (walgreens/drugstore.com) with little results on the product. Seems like it is only available in the UK as of now. I did find an auction on ebay offering 2 full containers of the stuff, but once again, it is only available to people in the UK.

im gonna go out and buy this product from boots on monday and if it stops my oily skin then boy am i gonna be happy biggrin.gif thanks for letting us know about this product, gonna give this a go first and see how it goes, then im thinkin bout tryin the regimen as many people seemed to have success with it, sounds promising, Rancid, r u on the regimen too ? or do u just use the moisturizer ?

lvlr_Zaleski, yeah, im on the regimen, its definatley working! My derm said i don't have to go back if i continue to be as happy with the results! smile.gif

as for the moisturiser, it really works! i went out last night with this stuff on, i applied it about 6pm, at about 12:30am there was hardly a drop of oil, and the slight bit was probably caused from me getting a little overheated from dancing etc at the party!

all in all good stuff! i hope it works for you guys! one tip though...it says to let it dry, DO NOT FORGET TO LET IT DRY! and once it is dry, leave it alone, because if you overrub it in when its drying it 'balls' up on your face and then you have to try n remove little white things. Its designed to be quick and simple, don't overrub or anything, because then it becomes a hassle. i don't use it at night though, its too expensive to use at night as well, especially cos im asleep and don't care about oil on my nose,etc.

this stuff is like makeup for guys without the "are you wearing makeup?!?!" factor. as soon as my left side is clear i should be all set. this stuff has SA in it as well so it helps to fade imperfections too! sounds too good to be true!

for people from the USA i have seen another product call magic 8 or OC 8 or something like that. Its an oil control lotion that claims the same things as this, but its a completely different product, and double the price. its fine for acne prone skin though, i'll go and find a link and post it! then you can look for it in the good ol US of A!

Oil Control Genius

there it is, its called OC8 Oil Control Genius

Edit: i just found this on the product/ratings bit, it looks like the same kinda thing. You could always give it a go.t doesn't have the sebum control ingredient the other one does, but it says it controls oil. might be something worth investigating....

Pure Zone USA

well thanks for letting me know about that oil product, will get it tomorrow from boots :> and hope it has the same affect on me that is does for you, as far as the Regimen goes, im gonna give it a go and see what happens. Just before i do ill ask a few things wink.gif thanks

I used the step 3 moisturizer for a huge chunk of time last year. I found the thickness of the moisturizer to be annoying and its dries quickly...meaning if you put that little bit too much on...you get strek marks. It never stung, and wasn't that great at actually moisturizering the skin for long periods of time.

As far as controlling oil...it was okay, but i never saw it as a solution. When i found out about PURE A i changed to that and like that a lot.

Seeing as my main oilly areas are forehead and nose i use clearasil's total control, then i use a little bit of oil control genius..works well.

Does anyone else find they use like 3 types of moisturizer on their face due to the annoying combition of spots/ dryness/ oily?

Im gonna try out this OC8 oil control genious from boots. Ive read up on it and sounds great! Ill go get some tomorrow after school and we will see what happens, has anyone else tried it and loved it? Plus ive also heard the loreal products are crap.

i spose skin is different on everyone, i dunno if they updated the product, but the pure zone alvailable to the USA has different ingredients. The one im using as sebo-calmyl or something, thats what controls the oil. but yeah, its not all that moisturising, i use a different one at night. but this stuff totally solved all my oil problems! so im very happy! i've had it on all day with NO OIL. i love this stuff! although the quick drying is bad, i agree. i think its whatever works for you, and i still recomend people at least try this if they haven't already.

I bought this product today and will try it this afternoon after I wash my face and see how well it works! I'll let you know how i get on with it. I'm in the uk by the way

Well i've had it on for a coupla hours now. Wouldnt say its given me any longer dryness than any other moisturiser I've used in the past. I'll carry on with it though simply because its got SA and the best moisturisers i've used have always had that in them

So is this not available in the US at all? And rancid777 do you think The Regimen is the reason theres less oil and not this product? If anyone else is using this please post your results