Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snowboard4life

Dan's regimen causing cysts?

Hey guys, basically... i started doing dan's regimen, and I ended up getting three cysts. I've never gotten a cyst until now and I was wondering if anybody else has had this happen to them. Due to the harshness of the regimen, i might not have been gentle enough with my skin when washing/applying bp, which could have lead to the cysts. Anyways i stopped, and now i'm not getting any cysts, just regular acne. Any responses would be appreciated, thanks.

Mate I have had the same problem andn I figured out why. My skin was too dry and that caused the cysts on my cheeks. Previously I did not moisturise at night only apply BP and leave it then in the morning I would wake to a cyst on my cheek and I couldn't work out why it had happened. Then I finally realised it was because at night I do not moisturise, so about two weeks ago I started moisturising after the BP both morning and night and my skin has been 99% clear with no new cysts for two weeks and I am 99% sure the reason was because my skin was too dry and needed more moisturising.

Hope that helps you as it has helped me.

Beama

I think Beama may be right. I did develop a couple cysts under my cheek area during the regimen, and it could have been a combination of me squeezing my cheeks (irritating them) and maybe not applying moisturizer at night. Although, I can't remember exactly, because I thought I was applying moisturizer almost every night.

Hey guys, basically... i started doing dan's regimen, and I ended up getting three cysts.  I've never gotten a cyst until now and I was wondering if anybody else has had this happen to them.  Due to the harshness of the regimen, i might not have been gentle enough with my skin when washing/applying bp, which could have lead to the cysts.  Anyways i stopped, and now i'm not getting any cysts, just regular acne.  Any responses would be appreciated, thanks.

well guys if ur getting cysts and you just started the regimen, do not fear... i believe the bp is just bringing everything to surface. those cysts were probably developing for a while. I know because when i started the regimen i got 2 nasty, huge things right on my nose. its all just like an intial breakout. remember dont pop anything!! or try to. it might help if u put vinegar on them each night with a q tip, it will bring them to a head and then u can pop them safely.

bonam fortunam omnibus ((good luck to all!)[i think]hahaha tongue.gif