Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avelon

Tips and Tricks

I thought it might be good to compile a thread of little tips, tricks and well kept secrets people have learned.

Here’s mine

For a quick red blemish fix, use red eye drops like Visine dap on red marks. It lightens them for that big night out.

Guest OnlyJoe

^^ does that work, anyone else tries that?

Although a lot of people told me this made their skin very red, I'll post it anyway since it works for me.

I apply toothpaste to actual pimples or red marks that are becoming pimples. I leave this on during the day (if I'm not going out of the house) and at night. People have told me it dries out and irritates their skin. I dunno, but as long as you DON'T apply it to anything else (just a dab on the effected area) and as long as it's not gel, I don't see why it shouldn't work.

For the last two weeks i have been using egg yolk on my face. I seperate the egg yolk and beat it with a fork for a couple of mins. I then apply it to my entire face as a mask. Egg yolk is full of vitamin A and it is doing wonders for the red marks left from my acne. They haven't disappeared , but they are at least 50% lighter than they were two weeks ago, and i haven't broken out anymore either.

I am alternating between egg yolk one day, and a cucumber mask with oatmeal (homemade of course) on the other day.

Try the egg yolk, its messy, so if you have a basting brush for cooking that would be best, make sure its clean though!!!!!

egg yolks are also full of vitamin A and have helped my red marks immensely without causing me further outbreaks....

but things work differently for different people