Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was with my friend who has huge cysts all over his cheeks pretty bad. We were at the mall and this girl walks by with acne that is probably not even half as bad as his, and he starts calling her pizza face and shit like that. He just kept going on. It wasn't too her face or anything, but he was still saying it like he had clear skin or something. He seriously doesn't care at all that he has acne, he acts like he doesnt have it at all. I was just laughing to myself at how funny it was that he was making fun of her. Hes never ever talked about his acne once, its like he doesn't even notice it. And its severe, nothing but cysts pretty much. Ah this just cracked me up so much. He is not shy at all and acts as though he was clear skin.

i have always found that kind of behaviour odd. Its diffifult to comprehend but guilder is on the right lines I think. Its a bit like that defense mechanism that freud talks about.. can't remember

I think it's interesting.

Not only do I believe it's the psychological defense mechanism known as "projection," but is shows how --in general-- guys seem to think girls have to be perfect while they totally ignore the same qualities in themselves.

Do yourself, and your friend, a favor and ask him about his acne.

projection, thats the one! Buts its usually used for internal things like someones personality. I rarely see it about external tangible htings. Very interesting.

Not only do I believe it's the psychological defense mechanism known as "projection,"  but is shows how --in general-- guys seem to think girls have to be perfect while they totally ignore the same qualities in themselves. 

projection is like when a person projects their own insecurites onto someone else. For exmaple someone who is a total whore/manwhore might be criticisng another manwhore/whore even though they are one themselves.

Its very odd. Its klike your ego not accepting who you are

But I seriously don't think he cares at all about his acne. It crazy, but its like he doesn't notice it or something. I know he doesn't do anything to help his face because I've been to his house many times and never saw any acne products. Just weird.

Not only do I believe it's the psychological defense mechanism known as "projection,"  but is shows how --in general-- guys seem to think girls have to be perfect while they totally ignore the same qualities in themselves. 

dont bring it up, dont ruin his self confidence.. i wish i had acne and didnt notice it.. dont bring it up

One of my mates used to have quite bad acne but it cleared up a lot in his mid 20's, but one of my mates still insists on calling him spotty. My mate however, has worse skin than him. I dont think some people know what they look like sometimes!

if someone attacked me verbally i would break them down to tears so fast.. im not mean.. just dont like getting attacked by people who are worse than me.

Sometimes ppl find making fun of other people to bring up their own confidence. It makes them feel good bringing someone down, but these ppl are just really insecure with themselves and its all an act to cover up the fact that they actually do care about their appearance.

I don't think it's possible that someone doesn't notice their own acne.. Everyone notices it, usually they scrutinize their skin more than anyone else. Your friend must know he has it, either that or he needs to get glasses.