Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
december

Accutane and blackheads

I'm sure that most of you who have been or are on 'tane get this problem, getting blackheads on the nose. Will tane take care of it? Will they go? How long does the process usually take? Arg.. my nose looks disgusting... I have a cyst that won't go away on the nose; it has been there for 2 months. Also, I have lots of blackheads... so I was wondering if they would go away...

Does anybody want to share their experience regarding blackheads? PLZ!? eusa_pray.gif

yes! dont worry tane gets blackheads completely gone.my brother was on tane-and he hardly touched his face so i got to see exactly what happens to your skin while on it- and his justcame out gradually.now his nose is possibly the most flawless partof his skin.

i,myself, have troubkle assepting any appearanceflaws however temporary they are supposed to be and have taken to helping them out if they are slightly raised or very dark...i think this might be bad,willthis cause sarring or enlarged pores?

blackheads are gonna be the first to go after about 2 weeks. As soon as the oil on your face goes away the blackheads go away.

My blackheads got a LOT worse during the first month of Accutane... I posted about this a while back. They looked to be "unplugging" themselves, so eventually I couldn't take it anymore and I gently squeezed as many as I could. In the process I also caused a lot of skin on my nose to peel off and make my nose red for a week or so, but the blackheads didn't come back as bad. There are a few back right now, but I just keep on extracting them and hoping eventually they'll go away!

Mae

My blackheads got a LOT worse during the first month of Accutane... I posted about this a while back. They looked to be "unplugging" themselves, so eventually I couldn't take it anymore and I gently squeezed as many as I could. In the process I also caused a lot of skin on my nose to peel off and make my nose red for a week or so, but the blackheads didn't come back as bad. There are a few back right now, but I just keep on extracting them and hoping eventually they'll go away!

Mae

Update on my blackheads - I'm on my 11th week and they all came back! After I squeezed as many as I could, they seemed to have pretty much gone away...but now they're all back and trying to push out of the skin again. Though not *quite* as bad as the first time.

Instead of using my fingernails (which are long and cause damage to the skin on my nose), do you think those Biore pore strips would be okay? Just to pull out the plugs. Those things hurt normally though, so would it be disasterous on Tane? LOL. Thoughts? I don't wanna rip my skin off shock.gif

Mae

Mine appeared after the first two weeks. I used a gentle exfoiliator (Dove) twice a day and now my skin, including my nose, is crystal clear.

My blackheads started surfacing majorly after about 3 weeks. I left them alone and after about a week and a half, I looked in the mirror one day and noticed that most of them were gone/clear (the nose blackheads). Pretty crazy. Hopefully the rest of my skin will follow along in that direction.