Find results in...

Posted

EDIT: NEW AND IMPROVED VERSION OF THE TONER:

What you need...

1 Cup mineral water

4 tsp green tea leaves or 1 tea bag

1 tsp mint leaves (optional)

1 Vitamin C tablet (i use 1000mg)

* Boil the mineral water and make an infusion with the leaves or 1 tea bag (green tea).

*Add 1 crushed Vitamin C tablet to the hot green tea make sure that the vitamin C is a powder before adding it. (i use 1000mg)

* Stir and let it stand for 10 minutes.

* Strain and let the liquid cool before pouring it into a sterilized bottle.

* Apply to the face with a cotton pad or use as a spritz.

I will be adding zinc and vitamin A aswell as vitamin C the next time i make up a new batch, so i will report back the effects on my skin.

GREAN TEA TONER = BEAUTIFUL SKIN

Use this in the morning and then again at night (leave it on as you do with a normal toner) then moisturise.

This is great for PIH (red marks!) as vitamin C is a natural skin whitener. And is great for the overall health of your skin, see here:

user posted image

Hey,

I was just wondering does anybody use normal cooled green tea as a toner, it has loads of antioxidants in it and is cheap biggrin.gif. I think that it increases the healing capability of the skin eusa_think.gif and gets rid of those aging free radicals..

'Hmm... I found another use for green teas!! I got this from a beauty magazine

"Green tea is rich in antioxidants, which are believed to have an anti-aging effect when applied to the skin or taken internally. So if you find toner to astringent, try making your own Green Tea Toner"

What you need...

1 Cup mineral water

4 tsp green tea leaves

1 tsp mint leaves

* Boil the meneral water and make an infusion with the leaves.

* Let it stand for 10 minutes.

This toner is suitable for all skin types.'

Or do it like this:

'For a simple, refreshing facial toner, steep green-tea bags in hot water for 3 minutes and let cool.

Green tea is rich in antioxidants, which are believed to have an anti-aging effect when applied to the skin or taken internally. Place in spray bottle, and use on your face after cleansing. This will last for 2 weeks. Tip: It can also be kept in the fridge. '

I am going to use this and report back the results for red marks.

Tom

Posted
What you need...

1 Cup mineral water

4 tsp green tea leaves

1 tsp mint leaves

* Boil the meneral water and make an infusion with the leaves.

* Let it stand for 10 minutes.

Posted
I think I will join you in this experiment.  I can not afford a Vit C right now and have heard some good things about green tea.

Thanks for the recipe  eusa_clap.gif

Posted
Hey,

About the Vit C, what do u mean, is it a vit C cream or something?

Posted

I was thinking of adding a 1000mg Vitamin C tablet to the green tea when it is still hot. What do u reckon?

Tom

Posted
I was thinking of adding a 1000mg Vitamin C tablet to the green tea when it is still hot. What do u reckon?

Tom

Posted

lol smile.gif, i am just genna have to make a new batch too lol.gif.

Vitamin C is great for the skin so with the grean tea combined it should make one hell of a toner. Vitamin C is also great for HIP i think.

Tom

Posted

Hey,

I made the green tea toner today and i must say that its great! I was thinking though could i add Vitamin C, Zinc, vitamin E and other things as i have heard that these are also good for PIH (red marks) what do u reckon?

Tom

Posted
Hey,

I made the green tea toner today and i must say that its great! I was thinking though could i add Vitamin C, Zinc, vitamin E and other things as i have heard that these are also good for PIH (red marks) what do u reckon?

Tom

Posted

Posted

This is good stuff!! biggrin.gif .

I used an egg white and lemon juice mask then put on the green tea and vit c toner and it has reduced the overall redness of my face and the red marks aswell a little bit and this was the first time i used it and my skin is also very smooth. woo! LOL. Will keep updating as I go along. woo!

Take care,

Steven.

Posted
This is good stuff!!  biggrin.gif .

I used an egg white and lemon juice mask then put on the green tea and vit c toner and it has reduced the overall redness of my face and the red marks aswell a little bit and this was the first time i used it and my skin is also very smooth. woo! LOL. Will keep updating as I go along. woo!

Take care,

Steven.

Posted

OMG i love this!

I have been around this message board for sometime now but havent registered and i have been using this for a day and a half and it is amazing my skin is no longer dull, it has a glow to it and redness is fading also is soft to touch.

Will continue to use biggrin.gif.

Posted
OMG i love this!

I have been around this message board for sometime now but havent registered and i have been using this for a day and a half and it is amazing my skin is no longer dull, it has a glow to it and redness is fading also is soft to touch.

Will continue to use biggrin.gif.

Posted

Hey tom. A few questions.

I have a C vitamin, but its a complex. It has rose hip and a few other things. And the think are huge, I think they're 1000mg as well.

IT has lemo extracts

Rutin Concentrate

Gesperidin Concentrate

Citrus Pectin

It also sas it has rose hips, and ascorbic acid, is this what youre using? Is mine ok?

Also, is the zinc good to add in? I have 50mg caps, are those recomended?

Posted
Hey tom. A few questions.

I have a C vitamin, but its a complex. It has rose hip and a few other things. And the think are huge, I think they're 1000mg as well.

IT has lemo extracts

Rutin Concentrate

Gesperidin Concentrate

Citrus Pectin

It also sas it has rose hips, and ascorbic acid, is this what youre using? Is mine ok?

Also, is the zinc good to add in? I have 50mg caps, are those recomended?

Posted
Hey,

Im not too sure about the vitamin C, the one that i use though has rose hips so im a bit confused to whether or not they are ok to use. Saying that though i have allready used it 4 times and it seems to be ok.

Is the rose hips 1000mg or is it 1000mg alltogether.

If you can find ones that have just vitamin C in it then buy it.

Well i have just made up another batch with vitamin C, Zinc (15 mg) and alpha lipolic acid (30mg) so that would be ok. Zinc is good for acne and red marks.

Look here there is a pure vitamin C powder so i will get that.

Dont forget to report back what u think  wink.gif,

Tom

Posted

K smile.gif, are u going to add the zinc aswell because that is also good?

Yeah i think that the vitamin C will be ok to use.

I like it in a spray bottle, as it then goes evenly all over your face.

Good luck,

Tom

Posted
K smile.gif, are u going to add the zinc aswell because that is also good?

Yeah i think that the vitamin C will be ok to use.

I like it in a spray bottle, as it then goes evenly all over your face.

Good luck,

Tom

Posted

Your skin will feel soft after and u will have a nice glow, just keep up with it and u will notice your marks and redness fade.

Report back,

Tom smile.gif

Posted

lol, i found this on a website that sells practically this the same stuff as this for loads:

"Lucidé... our newest addition to our synergy skincare line. Lucidé combines the power of Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Alpha Lipoic Acid and Green and White Tea Extracts into a gentle, easy to use, water-soluble serum that can be used in conjunction with any skincare line.

Unlike Vitamin C serums containing L-Ascorbic acid, Lucidé is formulated with a revolutionary Vitamin C derivative, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate. This compound yields a stable solution, which does not break down, discolor or become irritating to the skin over time. Unlike L-Ascorbic acid, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate has a neutral pH.

But that's not all... Pro-Vitamin B- Panothenic Acid- plays a key role in Lucidé for it's ability to increases the moisture-retention and elasticity of the skin, stimulates skin regeneration (epithelization) and have anti-inflammatory and anti-pruitic (anti-itch) effects.

The powerful cosmeceutical antioxidant Alpha Lipoic Acid increases the effectiveness of vitamin C while providing total solubility via both water and oil soluble mechanisms. It enhances other antioxidants while being a star performer of it's own! Alpha Lipoic Acid is naturally present in the skin and it's use promotes a more radiant appearance, along with skin that more readily exfoliates.

Herbal extract antioxidants of Green Tea and White Peony Tea (Camellia sinensis) contribute natural antioxidant phenols to the formulation. All in all, a potent marriage of various antioxidants produces a powerful yet exceedingly gentle synergy for the skin.

Ingredients: Distilled Water (Aqua), Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Panothenic Acid, Aqueous extract of Green Tea and White Peony (Camellia sinensis)."

I am now thinking of putting in what they do.

Tom:D

Posted

can u use ne type of green tea bags?? which one do u guys use n where do u get it from?? same questions bout the vitamin C tablets. which one and where from?? thanx

Posted
can u use ne type of green tea bags?? which one do u guys use n where do u get it from?? same questions bout the vitamin C tablets. which one and where from?? thanx

Posted

The antioxidant in green tea is EGCG (the most potent antioxidant) and is 20x more powerful than vitamin E.

Tom

Posted
The antioxidant in green tea is EGCG (the most potent antioxidant) and is 20x more powerful than vitamin E.

Tom