Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emu

levulen w/ clearlight?

my derm's smoothbeam laser broke sad.gif

so i am getting clearlight treatment but w/ a 1 hr long peel called "levulen" ... i did a search w/ that spelling and came up w/ nothing.

apparently it will leave me pink for a few days and very photosensitive, but the levulen helps the clearlight penetrate and therefore is good for both scars AND active acne.

anyone have ANY info on this??

thx

I almost got this but I went on accutane instead. I have heard mixed things about it. The MD's say it works really well for acne, but I have heard posters saying it does not. It is definitely worth a shot. It is also supposed to be very good at getting rid of redness and photodamage.

I have done the Levulan/Clearlight combination and it actually seemed to make my acne worse. Especially the week after each treatment, I had severe breakouts to the point where I think my face looked better before I started the treatment. I paid $1,000 for 3 sessions, and they told me that it would clear me up if I did it along with the smoothbeam/vbeam laser. I followed their advice but its not working and I feel ripped off once again rolleyes.gif

I have done the Levulan/Clearlight combination and it actually seemed to make my acne worse.  Especially the week after each treatment, I had severe breakouts to the point where I think my face looked better before I started the treatment.  I paid $1,000 for 3 sessions, and they told me that it would clear me up if I did it along with the smoothbeam/vbeam laser.  I followed their advice but its not working and I feel ripped off once again rolleyes.gif

My son had the same problem. $590 a treatment with 3 treatments. His acne and scarring looked worse and the doctor would sit there and say that she saw a difference in his scars - that we didn't see. The ONLY thing that has helped has been diet.

My son had the same problem.  $590 a treatment with 3 treatments.  His acne and scarring looked worse and the doctor would sit there and say that she saw a difference in his scars - that we didn't see.  The ONLY thing that has helped has been diet.

What sort of diet has helped?