Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You know how some of you, male or female, feel very uncomfortable going out in public without makeup? I am the opposite. Though I have always felt this social pressure to wear makeup, I totally refuse to.

One of the reasons is because for whatever reason, growing up as a physically active female, I could not be bothered with it. Another reason, once I intellectualized it as gender construction, as someone else just mentioned, I could no longer see the point in starting to use makeup. Once I wore makeup to try and impress a guy, but he never said anything about my appearance, and once I actually asked him his opinion and he gave a very evasive answer. Once I realized I wasn't wearing it for myself, I stopped and have not worn any since.

But the main reason is that precisely because I have acne (at times better controlled than others), I cannot tolerate anything more than what I use to try and control it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a man wearing makeup, or why this should be a female preserve. At the same time, I don't see why anyone should feel forced to wear makeup. I never wore makeup while working as a receptionist for a major company. My skin is mine to treat as I see fit. I try to be gentle and cautious with it, and just generally do the best I can. I do have red spots, hyperpigmentation and some other marks I don't really know how to categorize, just scars from unconscious scratching, because I am very susceptible to scars and cannot touch my skin except in relation to skin care as such.

Anyway, if a guy wants makeup tips from me, as a woman, is he ever asking the wrong person! I have no idea how to wear makeup and some guys here already know a lot more about it than me, which I find sweet. biggrin.gif However, if he is seeking approval for wearing makeup, to cover up acne and acne scars, then I totally support him in his endeavour. I say this with total humility, because . . . it's your skin . . . you decide. eusa_angel.gif

Ob.withSkin, I feel EXACTLY the same way. I dont have severe acne but breakouts here and there which leave red marks on my face. My skin is extremely oily and I hate the fact that I have to wear make up all the time. Sometimes I refuse to go outside and even skip school. I hate my skin. I HATE IT!!!

But the worst part is when I'm at home and just sitting in my room..without my makeup..my mom will come in and look at my face and tell me to "pretty up" and put some make up on. It just makes me want to scream. She also blames me for my bad skin....I put too much crap on it..I pick too much at my skin. It makes me feel like dirt. I've cried so many times and thought about suicide as well. I'm so depressed and I seriously dont know what I would do if ACNE.ORG didn't exist.

Doctors have found a way to treat cancer but it's so funny how no one has found an affective way to treat acne. I HATE LIFE. IT SUCKS....I'm gonna go cry some more now ;(

I am currently working as a receptionist and, well, i admire you. Its a very social and involving position to be in. Very difficult when you are constantly meeting and talkign to new people to not care about the way you a re being percieved.

i dont really think i could do without right now(accutane initial outbreak), myself.

your mom is treating you horribly and ignorantly.

what is this the Fifties or somethign? where housewives wore make-up 24-7?

pretty up? jesus!

.my mom will come in and look at my face and tell me to "pretty up" and put some make up on. It just makes me want to scream. She also blames me for my bad skin....I put too much crap on it..I pick too much at my skin. It makes me feel like dirt. I've cried so many times and thought about suicide as well. I'm so depressed and I seriously dont know what I would do if ACNE.ORG didn't exist.

Doctors have found a way to treat cancer but it's so funny how no one has found an affective way to treat acne. I HATE LIFE. IT SUCKS....I'm gonna go cry some more now ;(

I am currently working as a receptionist and, well, i admire you. Its a very social and involving position to be in. Very difficult when you are constantly meeting and talkign to new people to not care about the way you a re being percieved.

i dont really think i could do without right now(accutane initial outbreak), myself.

Exactly!  And of course my stupid fcukin college has to have hospital lighting inside every damn room, hall and walkway!!!  I dont know how I did it for the first semester.  2 hours every morning getting ready, 5 days a week sometimes 6.

you know life just isnt fair. All of us have to battle this day in and day out for 365 days a year, every second of our life. And yet there are so many people who could go days without washing their face, not having to worry about their diet, taking vitamins, excersize, makeup, etc. And they just go about life like their skin is nothing, just given from god on a gold platter and sealed for life without ever having to touch or worry about it. sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Well, this morning, on the way to the bathroom, my brother saw me without makeup. He looked at me and said "omg you look disgusting." I just wanted to sink to the floor and cry until I was away from this world. MY OWN BROTHER? I mean he's not a little kid or a teenager who enjoys saying stuff like this. Jesus Christ, he's 28 years old!! I can't forget the look on his face. He looked so disgusted. And every time I get a breakout everyone in the house blames me for it!! "Look at your sister in law.. perfect skin!! You know why that is? It's because she doesn't put all the crap on her face that you do and she doesn't touch it!!!" "Look at your brothers face....all CLEAR" "Even your mother has smooth, clear skin...what the hell happend to you? Are you sure you belong to this family?"

They dont understand how much emotional damage they are causing me. They JUST dont understand..I mean, how could they? Look at them and then look at ME ;(

Guest OnlyJoe
Well, this morning, on the way to the bathroom, my brother saw me without makeup. He looked at me and said "omg you look disgusting."  I just wanted to sink to the floor and cry until I was away from this world. MY OWN BROTHER? I mean he's not a little kid or a teenager who enjoys saying stuff like this. Jesus Christ, he's 28 years old!! I can't forget the look on his face. He looked so disgusted. And every time I get a breakout everyone in the house blames me for it!!  "Look at your sister in law.. perfect skin!! You know why that is? It's because she doesn't put all the crap on her face that you do and she doesn't touch it!!!"  "Look at your brothers face....all CLEAR"  "Even your mother has smooth, clear skin...what the hell happend to you? Are you sure you belong to this family?"

They dont understand how much emotional damage they are causing me. They JUST dont understand..I mean, how could they? Look at them and then look at ME ;(

drink green tea. It may help against inflamation.. drink 2-3 cups daily. I really feel bad when i read ur post, i almost drop a tear m8....

relax, u just need some peace and forget about your face for one moment.

Do you like music? Music can change you i know for sure, listen to chicane and close your eyes..u'll love that stuff..

chicane - early smile.gif