Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi guys

day 2 on retin a micro 0.4

absolutely nada.

my skin is the same..no irriation, no redness, no flakes, no breakouts ( except one new pimple) crap load of white comedomes. blah

can someone tell me what to expect? should i up it the RAM?

ames confused.gif

if nothing is happening take it as a good sign! =) your skin is tolerating it so far. remember, it takes 6-8 weeks to work consistently, around week 2-3 some pores should be coming unclogged. as for the amount, i dunno how much you're using. it says in the directions you should be using a pea-sized or less amount for your entire face (meaning everywhere youre breaking out, dont put it on where you don't have acne). rule of thumb: less is more with retin-a, if you put a lot on you're just going to irritate your skin, particularly when you're starting out. good luck.

hi

yup the pea sized amount is what i am using...all over my face..except nose...directions didn't mention to rub on nose or not..so im not sure if i should....

my skin is tolerating it....but is it tooooo tolerant? what if the medication is nto doing anything...ugh.......first the fear of it fucking up my skin...now the fear of it NOT working....sigh cry.gif

thanks

ames

hi

yup the pea sized amount is what i am using...all over my face..except nose...directions didn't mention to rub on nose or not..so im not sure if i should....

my skin is tolerating it....but is it tooooo tolerant? what if the medication is nto doing anything...ugh.......first the fear of it fucking up my skin...now the fear of it NOT working....sigh cry.gif

thanks

ames

day 3...

no changes...no flakes..no redness...N A D A

I guess maybe retin is not a potent medication for my skin. and strangely because my skin is sensitive...sigh

anyone experienced the same?

ames cry.gifeusa_whistle.gif

yeah... seriously, think about it.. you dont want irritation. retin-a micro doesnt irritate my skin at all, and it works well at preventing acne and getting rid of red marks. i never had any irritation. four days is nowhere near long enough to tell if it'll work for you or not...