Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mad ID

I beg you !!

Im 18 years old. For 5 years I suffer from very bad skin oil. Especialy my forehead...very imbarasing in school. Only 3 hours after washing it's very oily. (I'm in schhol 7 hours so you know how I look).

Where I have oil I have acne (cysts on forehead)

There must be something I can do to reduce this oilness?? I tried b5, it works but here in Croatia it's very very expensive. (3x more than in USA).

I need some regimen that will effect sebum glands and make them produce normal amount of oil. Diet of someking maybe?

Thanks !

Try head and shoulders anti dandraff shampoo, the classic clean one, it helped me in reducing the oils on my faces, and if your using moistorizer, use very little or none at all, and maybe try a different face wash.

PS: Try the Clean and clear absorbing pads.

accutane would clean u up for an oil problem.. but i dont knwo if soemthign that extreem is appropriate, unless your acne is very persistent

I have very oily skin too... and the oil absorbing pads are like out of the question for me... cos at one go, i can make almost 4 sheets totally transparent... haha... so ya, it ain't practical...

all i do is blot a little with tissues once in a while when i visit the toilet... it still gets oily after sometime though... but i've lived with it... he...

i have oily skin to, also HEY IM 19!

what i have been using is neutrogena's pore refining line..cleanser,moisturizer, toner, etc...but the thing that REALLY helps is the pore mattifying cream.....it comes in a lil tube,l you can even look on neutrogena.com for it if ya cant find it in croatia or something...basically its like the oil absorbing sheets, but ya smooth it on your face, and your face becomes matte....i didnt really get any oil till REALLY late that night and it was only on the tip of my nose...plus i got compliments from people about how it looked like i had makeup*my skin's been clearing up a bit too, but the mattifier like made me look soo much better and unglossy when before i looked like a had dumped my face in grease lol*....oh yeah i used the sheets but it was so temporary till i switched

also i had to wash my hair like almost every day, and DRINK plenty of water, because your oil could just be your skin reacting to being dehydrated..also regular exercise helped me, because even though i sweated, it seemed like i was cleansing myself of toxins through my sweat and i noticed i was less oily...i mean i was still oily but better than before until i met the mattifier

Im 18 years old. For 5 years I suffer from very bad skin oil. Especialy my forehead...very imbarasing in school. Only 3 hours after washing it's very oily. (I'm in schhol 7 hours so you know how I look).

Where I have oil I have acne (cysts on forehead)

There must be something I can do to reduce this oilness??  I tried b5, it works but here in Croatia it's very very expensive. (3x more than in USA).

I need some regimen that will effect sebum glands and make them produce normal amount of oil. Diet of someking maybe?

Thanks !

imma girl...but it doesnt make ya look like ya have makeup on...my brother also had acne before he went on his treatment and he used it for his oiliness...

and pika, yes i know a cream wont get rid of all your oiliness but this helped GREATLY reduce it for me,i still have oil on my nose a bit but its much better than before ...plus since it was from neutrogena i decided to give it a shot along with the cleanser...but me and my brother are only 2 instances, it may work differently for others ya know

doctor will prescribe u something, or tell you to wash with clean and clear 3x a day.. something that we apparently didnt know from the directions on the bottle..

i dont even know what an endocrinologist is, the best advice u can get.. is from ppl on acne.org or clearskin.net

they are talking from experience, unlike most docts

wow, can they really cure oilyness?

i'm using a moisturiser which is working sooooooo well to hide it, but i'd prefer to solve the problem.

let us know how you got on with an endo-whatever it was-ist! im very interested!