Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
X acne

Ok to use Vaseline or other lotion?

Is it ok to use any over the counter lotion (Vaseline Intensive Care) for facial moisturization? I need to heal some chapped areas of my skin from the BP.

Are you referring to body lotions? I would say no. Facial moisturizers are very different and gentler for your skin.

Everyone is different, but my guess is that it would make you break out. I think that kind of stuff is oil based, which you want to stay away from.

NO DONT USE VASELINE, vaseline has mineral oil, which is the leading cause of breakouts!!mineral oil basically clogs your pores and stays on your skin like a layer not allowing your skin to breathe naturally

...i would suggest pure shea butter instead or another over the counter mosturizer especially designed for the face

vaseline intensive care body lotion is actually good at moisturising, i have one with lipids in it. however, the vaseline petroleum jelly stuff is awful! i used it on my lips once, i got so many spots near my lips, DO NOT PUT THIS ON YOUR FACE!

oh imma dunce, i thought she was talking about the petroleum jelly*yeah i should read posts beyond the title*cause THAT STUFF IS AWFUL....as stated above i think THE LOTION is ok, but im still wary if the lotion has mineral oil in it

oh imma dunce, i thought she was talking about the petroleum jelly*yeah i should read posts beyond the title*cause THAT STUFF IS AWFUL....as stated above i think THE LOTION is ok, but im still wary if the lotion has mineral oil in it

i managed to remove the top layer of my skin thanks to panoxyl 2.5, maybe i used too much.

the pharmacy told me to use vaseline jelly on my face as it was peeling pretty bad - she said

it was good for burns and would help take off the peeling skin.

i put it on and left it for a few hours before reading this... realising it was cloging my pores

i washed it and most of the peeling skin off. hope it doesnt cause more spots.

maybe i should put on some aloe vera gel tonight before bed to heal my skin???

or should i leave my face alone and let it breathe??

I used to use vaseline every night like an idiot. I did this only cuz I knew some people who actually did this. As a result ive been suffering for awhile. I would have some wonderful days where I would be totally clear. My question in relation to vaseline is whether or not any of you use a face lotion at all after washing your face and goin out?

I used to use vaseline every night like an idiot. I did this only cuz I knew some people who actually did this. As a result ive been suffering for awhile. I would have some wonderful days where I would be totally clear. My question in relation to vaseline is whether or not any of you use a face lotion at all after washing your face and goin out?

I am still trying to find the correct moisturizer....not as easy as I thought and I wasted some money already ! sad.gif

Some people suggested the Clean and Clear Moisturizer, will get that one tonight...hopefully, its better.

J

Thanks for the replies! After not using moisturizer for like 2 days my skin has become clearer. What I'm thinking is this, moisturizer is fine as long as your skin is dry enough for it. Moisturizer to me will only help decrease the appearance of dry skin and nothing else. Lets see where this goes cool.gif