Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dantheman

4 Weeks On Regimen

Hey guys,

I've been following the regimen for quite some time now, today is the first day of the 4th week for me, and I've seen no improvement. I actually think I started to break out this weekend. I thought I was seeing improvement in the beginning of the 3rd week, but I'm not sure if that was just phycological or something, becuase my face looks as bad as always. I don't have severe acne, just mild/moderate, but I wan't to be rid of it. I'm using the entire finger of BP morning and night, but I don't moisturize at night. Should I keep going on?

Thanks!

I would go for another 2-3 weeks. It took me a while to start seeing results but then it gets better. Is there a lot of irritation?

definitely stick with it! And do exactly as outlined. It's so worth it. It took me 4 - 5 months to get clear. Now I've been on it for over a year and I am still clear of active acne. Just the occasional breakout or whatever, but I totally have my acne under control thanks to the regimen smile.gif Lots of luck to you!!

which products are you using, and how long are you waiting in between each step? Also, do you apply the BP very gently, such that you are barely touching your skin?

which products are you using, and how long are you waiting in between each step?  Also, do you apply the BP very gently, such that you are barely touching your skin?

Why don't you moisturize at night? I think it's important that you stick to the regimen fully until you'd seen results and you have room to experiment. I used to only moisturize at night, but since starting the regimen, I do it both morning and night. I'm just trying to follow it exactly til I see improvement. smile.gif

Why don't you moisturize at night? I think it's important that you stick to the regimen fully until you'd seen results and you have room to experiment. I used to only moisturize at night, but since starting the regimen, I do it both morning and night. I'm just trying to follow it exactly til I see improvement. smile.gif

herbal essences cleanser? can you be more specific? does it contain salicylic acid?

Whew! I was totally getting scared that you were using shampoo on your face! lol.gif

Which moisturizer do you use? Some may be too thick, such that you have to press and press your skin to get them in. Try Eucerin skin renewal + SPF 15 for a minute if you're still not getting results after a while.

Also, I used a foaming cleanser (Suave) that felt like it left my face dirty after a while, possibly preventing the BP to work properly. It's possible that there's such a thing as too gentle when it comes to cleansers biggrin.gif Especially when you cleanse for so short a time like we're supposed to.

Now I use Clean and Clear morning glow cleanser. It's rather expensive, so I might be switching to Basis bar for sensitive skin next.

Keep at it - it takes a while. And I vote with the other person who said to use more BP. I use 2 full fingers (or more) of Dan's gel, and FOUR of Nutrogenas. It works!!

Keep pushing. I'm at 5 weeks, I've seen lots of improvement but I'm still not completely clear. It takes different amounts of time for different people. Pax

if u dont get improvement in 6 weeks.. try another regimen.. they arnt all made for us.. botchlas showd me a improvement in 2 weeks..

About two days since my last post in this thread, I switched over to Noxema cleanser with Triclosan. Didn't really make any noticeable changes. Two weeks later, my face looks the same, if not worse as it did when I started. Am I doing something wrong here? I wake up, shave, shower, cleanse with lukewarm or cold water, sdry and wait 10-15 minutes, add BP, wait 5 minutes, and then moisterize. Two times a day.

ive posted a couple times before that i started the regimen in september and though i saw improvement, there was nothing drastic. i started it up once but made sure to follow some things much more strictly and began to see much better improvement.

1) i switched from on the spot BP to the BP gel and found it much easier to apply, and i was able to use more because i didnt worry about running out of an on the spot bottle ever 3 days. basically this ensured me using a lot lot lot of BP, i use a very thick half finger on each of the break out areas on my cheeks (prob half the total area), then a full finger on my forehead as i get random acne at various spots all over. 2) at first i didnt use enough moisturizer then realized this is a very big key to the regimen, keeping your face hydrated and comfortable rather than red and dried out allows the BP to attack the acne and not have your be irritated by over dryness 3) never ever pick at your skin, this was the most difficult for me because im so impatient and looking to pop and quickly get rid of anything. just let the BP do the work or youll keep getting zits in or around the same spot, if u must pop use a needle and limit one time per pimple for popping, just because its not worth risking more irritation 4) keep a healthy diet, though there may be no correlation directly, each person may be different and any boost in health may limit acne accumlation.

basically im saying try being more healthy and strictly follow the rules and be smart in how u ttreat your face ( reduce dryness!!) and the positive results should follow

Keep at it. I'm on week 12 and things are looking pretty good now but I didn't start seeing real improvements until about week 8 or 9. I'm about 99% clear at the moment and things just keep getting better and better. I remember being where your at now and I thought about giving up but I am so gald I didn't.

Stick with it for a while longer you should start seeing improvements soon.

Good Luck! smile.gif

cetaphil has got to be as bare bones as it gets i think.. just my opinion though