Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ck27

IM switching from Benzyol to Salycic

I dont think Benzyol peroxide is the right thing for me, It has done nothing but ruin my skin more. I think im gonna try going to Salycic Acid based acne medications. Are their any really good ones out their? IM using my moms Noxzema triple cleans pads but i doubt these work. It has though removed alot of the red marks on my skin

I've always been a big fan of SA.. BP never worked well for me. The best products I've come across are the Neutrogena 60 Sec. Mask/Scrub, Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion, and Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Gel(spot treatment.) The Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment is also a good product for fading red marks and preventing break outs.

I'd like to inform you (although i'm sure you already know), BP and SA do completely different things. Whereas SA helps the skin shed dead skin cells faster to prevent build up, BP digests dead skin cells AND, more importantly, kills the acne bacteria on the skin.

I'd like to inform you (although i'm sure you already know), BP and SA do completely different things. Whereas SA helps the skin shed dead skin cells faster to prevent build up, BP digests dead skin cells AND, more importantly, kills the acne bacteria on the skin.

I've always been a big fan of SA.. BP never worked well for me. The best products I've come across are the Neutrogena 60 Sec. Mask/Scrub, Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion, and Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Gel(spot treatment.) The Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment is also a good product for fading red marks and preventing break outs.

so SA does work pretty good, cause it seems like im having good luck with it.

I might try the Neutrogena 60 sec mask thing. If i can ever find it in stores.

A little tip. The more gentle the cleanser, the better it is. Strong cleansers aren't necessarily more effective.

I dont think Benzyol peroxide is the right thing for me,  It has done nothing but ruin my skin more.  I think  im gonna try going to Salycic Acid based acne medications.  Are their any really good ones out their?  IM using my moms Noxzema triple cleans pads but i doubt these work.  It has though removed alot of the red marks on my skin

Question for DarkDragoon and anyone else who's had luck with SA:

How long do you think I should I stay on an SA regimen before deciding whether or not it's working? I've been using Clearasil Total Control 2% SA one x/day for 17 days. I was happy at first because my breakouts were definately clearing, but it's been getting worse over the last few days. Has anyone experienced a "reflexive" breakout this far in? Should I stick with it for another week or so? Currently, here's my regimen:

Evening:

Wash with Liquid Neutrogena cleanser.

Wash with Clearasil Total Control.

Apply Cetaphil moisturizer.

Morning:

i just bought

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion

is this product any good?

I hope it is cause my acne is getting worse as each day goes. The red marks are going but the pimples stay and grow.

i just bought

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion

is this product any good?

I hope it is cause my acne is getting worse as each day goes.  The red marks are going but the pimples stay and grow.

For my opinion. BP is pretty good. But, if it makes your skin look red and make you feel like you need scratch that's not a good sign. But, I have been on the Sacylic Acid Regimen and So far within a month it did clear it out. I prosume you need to stick with it. Don't quit. Just keep going. Also relax. Try to drink lots of water and eat healthy. Just be happy. As for my self I'm doing that type of regimen. And I'm noticing that it is clearing up but, I think I need to use it more to see results.

K thanks. I have bad eating habits and yes i do have a problem with picking my pimples well more rubbing but it does the same thing and i try really hard not to touch my face but its like hard not too :S

Don't touch your face. I have a theory about acne. If you don't think about it or look at the mirror. Might fade away. Try using a gentle treatment and relax. I'm doing that it seems to be working. I still have some blemishes but, I know it will go away. Just stick to a product and you will see results.

K thanks i will stick to this neutrogena rapid clear and not touch my face no matter what. I also have a theory when you sleep i think that makes your acne worse cause of your face being shoved against a pillow? should i switch pillow sheets every day?

Question for DarkDragoon and anyone else who's had luck with SA:

How long do you think I should I stay on an SA regimen before deciding whether or not it's working? I've been using Clearasil Total Control 2% SA one x/day for 17 days. I was happy at first because my breakouts were definately clearing, but it's been getting worse over the last few days. Has anyone experienced a "reflexive" breakout this far in? Should I stick with it for another week or so? Currently, here's my regimen:

Evening:

Wash with Clearasil Total Control.

Apply Cetaphil moisturizer.

Morning:

Well when I started my latest regimen I stopped having breakouts right away. I didn't have any waiting period.. just no pimples for like 2 months. I still get em occasionaly but its definatly not as bad. And I do use a sulfur treatment with this regimen as well to get rid of the bacteria. My results probably wouldnt be nearly as good without it. I use the Klaron Lotion(prescription.) I'm also on mino. I'm not totally sure, but I dont think I'd reccomend anyone with too too bad of acne to use a SA regimen. I think it works best for people with mild acne.

Ive noticed with using sa that it is not as hard on the skin as bp and i seem to be getting better results. Like my face doesn't dry out or nothing.

all my face red marks are gone but the like 8 pimples i have have like enlarged by like 3 times with white stuff inside of them?

ok face has not much improved since last post. so i bought neutrogena on the spot acne eliminating gel and i will continue to use the acne defense lotion. arg i never knew fighting acne could be so hard. Like every time i look at myself in the mirrow i cant i have to look away.