Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnizzle

My pics, What kinda acne do i have?

Hello,

Let me introduce myself first. I'm a 21 year old male from Belgium and i want to get rid of my acne. I have tried almost everything, the only thing that works for me is ro-accutane, but it makes me depressed. Please take a look at my pics, and tell me what kinda acne i have. As you can see it's very hard to shave my face.

mild i consider blackheads.. or those people with like 1 or 2 usually.. those lucky people..

i said moderate because he has more acne than just 1 or 2 and blackheads.. his type of acne is EASILY treatable with a good strict regimen

It looks like papules and pustules, which is usually considered moderate acne. I think the regimen should work very well on that, but since you have quite a few spots, be sure to stay patient. People with more spots at the onset of the regimen tend to clear up more slowly. Give it 2 full months of strict adherence.

If that is "moderate" acne well then I must have beyond severe acne.

That is defenatly mild acne, with prone to more breakouts.

Some SA or BP will clear that up in about a week.

Thats like what you see on ProActiv comercials, then they make it convincing that it will work for all types of acne. Naw.

hey WE are near acne twins,you have moderate acne though except i have about 5 cystic pimples on both of my cheeks....yeah you should really try the regimen, because my acne is like yours...and the lil pimples have REALLY cleared up, ive been on it since early december though, still hoping itll clear up the cysts...but *crossing fingers*

The same is true of the length of use of hydrogen peroxide and the frequency.  Benzoyl peroxide may achieve short-term control of acne but will result in long-term skin damage.  (For additional information about other FDA concerns regarding the use of benzoyl peroxide, please refer to the Valuable Acne Tips page.)

I have acne that is VERY similar to yours, although I think I have less active whiteheads. (knock on wood) My biggest problem is red splotchiness, same thing you seem to have a bit of. I'm interested in seeing how botchla's regimen works out for you. I admit that I'm too scared of bp to start throwing it all over my face and neck.

One interesting note, a couple of nights ago I put on SA and BP on the same spot and the next morning I woke up and the area was covered in some brown gunk. I THINK this was the SA which was forced back out for some reason by the bp. I'm not quite entirely sure wtf this even means, but for some reason the area around that spot was clear and baby smooth. I've been too afraid to try this on my whole face, but if you're already using SA and BP you might want to give it a go on one red spot on your neck. I used clearasil whitehead pads with aloe for the SA and just some 2.5% bp (the proactiv one since I had it lying around). Maybe it's not worth trying, but figured I'd mention it.

Additionally I'm currently trying an AHA lotion (glycolic acid) and I'll keep you posted on how that affects the redness. So far it has made my skin smoother, but hasn't really affected the underlying redness. Hopefully that will change as time goes on. It does seem to fade redmarks even better than SA though.

I've also ordered a product called skintactix, which is pretty much based entirely on glycolic acid, so if this doesn't work in a week or so I might give that a shot.

By the way, I'm curious whether your skin is oily as well.

j

I have acne that is VERY similar to yours, although I think I have less active whiteheads. (knock on wood)  My biggest problem is red splotchiness, same thing you seem to have a bit of.  I'm interested in seeing how botchla's regimen works out for you.  I admit that I'm too scared of bp to start throwing it all over my face and neck.

One interesting note, a couple of nights ago I put on SA and BP on the same spot and the next morning I woke up and the area was covered in some brown gunk.  I THINK this was the SA which was forced back out for some reason by the bp.  I'm not quite entirely sure wtf this even means, but for some reason the area around that spot was clear and baby smooth.  I've been too afraid to try this on my whole face, but if you're already using SA and BP you might want to give it a go on one red spot on your neck.  I used clearasil whitehead pads with aloe for the SA and just some 2.5% bp (the proactiv one since I had it lying around).  Maybe it's not worth trying, but figured I'd mention it.

Additionally I'm currently trying an AHA lotion (glycolic acid) and I'll keep you posted on how that affects the redness.  So far it has made my skin smoother, but hasn't really affected the underlying redness.  Hopefully that will change as time goes on.  It does seem to fade redmarks even better than SA though.

I've also ordered a product called skintactix, which is pretty much based entirely on glycolic acid, so if this doesn't work in a week or so I might give that a shot.

By the way, I'm curious whether your skin is oily as well.

j