Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bez157

Scar cream may work!

Freedom-- No there isn't any peeling or irritation for that matter...

HOW DO YOU KNOW EXFOLIATION IS TAKING PLACE?

crappyskin-- I'm not going to argue with you about advertising. Look at my previous posts.

Hi!

I am a newly registered user but I have been lurking around here for many months now. That is how I found out about this cream and after about 3 weeks emailing back and forth with Rumana Syed, I decided to take the big plunge and purchased the cream from her. I actually purchased Harmolink but Rumana sent me a sample of Harmotonic, and I have been using that for almost a week now. I think I got the sample a little after Bez 157 did. I must be one of the people Bez 157 mentioned as having bought the cream from the States. I wanted to wait until I had used the cream for longer and post some visible results but I thought it would help other people to see how the cream is working.

A little bit about my scars... I have mainly ice-pick and crater-type scars. The latter are mostly big but shallow, some are still reddish. The ice-pick scars are deeper narrower. A couple on my cheek are fairly deep and because they are on the far edge of my cheek, they look very bad in some lighting.

I have been using the Harmotonic (the strongest strength) for 6 days now. First of all, I can tell it is stronger than Harmolink (the middle strength) because my face gets a tingling sensation when I apply it and my face turns slightly red. The tingling sensation and redness goes away after a short while. I apply the cream three times a day, washing my face before each fresh application. I wash my face before going to bed (and do not apply Harmotonic) and let my skin "renew" itself during the night. There is no visible peeling or flaking although my cheeks (where I apply the cream) feel slightly taut. I think this is what Bez157 meant by the tightening of the skin.

Okay, now for the results I have seen so far. There is definitely an improvement but it is the kind that only I can tell. It is not as if my scars just disappeared after one week or something. My big crater-type scars look softer around the edges. The ice-picks also look softer. A good way I can tell is when I wear makeup. When I don't weak makeup, it is a bit hard to tell because the scars are reddish in color and that makes it difficult to tell if they have become shallower or not. Makeup hides the redness but not the scars themselves. The scars still show up in all their glory. After 6 days using the Harmotonic, the scars look a little less obvious. I always check the rear view mirror in my car, where my scars show up really really well. I turn my face slightly sideways to see how deep and ragged my scars look. Well, now the scars look a little less obvious and little less ragged.

I guess it is too soon to tell but I have been rather silly because I check my scars in the mirror a zillion times a day expecting to see improvement. It is ridiculous behavior but I can't help it. I have sent back the Harmolink and asked Rumana to exchange them for Harmotonic instead. I am hoping that continuing with Harmotonic will improve my scars. Rumana said that the cream would get rid of scars completely so I am hoping it will but I have to wait and see. I must say I thought it sounded too good to be true and I even said that to Rumana several times. Now that I am using the cream, I think I am less skeptical. I will be patient and see how the cream works further.

I agree with L. I have been reading this thread religiously for weeks now waiting to hear about BEZ's results. Before and after pictures would be the clincher! BEZ you said the before pictures were deleted from your computer. Can you put them back on????

Also, Sunset you said you ordered the cream. How did you pay for it? BEZ indicated he would send CASH when he ordered it. Sending $100 cash in an envelope to Pakistan is pretty scary. Can you get the cream first, then send a check?

I just hope this is not a SCAM!!! :?

Sorry sunset, I just reread your post and realized you were sent a sample. I guess you haven't paid anything yet. She isn't offering any more samples, so how do we pay for it.

rlrl,

Actually, I did purchase the cream. I bought Harmolink, the weaker strength one. I did not transfer money to Rumana because we did a sort of product "swap". When I first started emailing her asking a thousand questions, I also asked about money transfer and about how complicated it might be. I had never transferred money overseas before. She suggested that instead of sending her money, I send her something she needed from the U.S. (not available in Pakistan) and she send me the cream in exchange. As I was told there would be a fee for transferring money anyway, I thought it would be better if I paid for the shipping and send her the cream she wanted. I sent her the cream she wanted (equivalent to the amount of Harmolink I wanted) and when she got it, she sent me the Harmolink. She sent me extra portions of the cream for doing her a favor.

A few days after she sent the Harmolink, she sent me the sample of Harmotonic to try. I used the Harmolink for about three days and when I got the Harmotonic, I switched to that. The Harmolink is whiter in color, thinner in consistency and absorbs better into the skin. The Harmotonic is a little duller in color, is much thicker and denser, has a stronger smell (rather an unpleasant smell, I feel) and does not absorb as well. With the Harmolink, my skin didn't have any tingling or redness. It seemed milder. I sent back the unused Harmolink and asked for the Harmotonic instead. I'm sort of impatient to see results so I thought I might as well try the stronger strength one.

I do wear a sunscreen (spf 45, the neutrogena one) to protect my skin. Rumana told me to be very gentle with my skin (not to scrub, to pat dry, to just spread the cream and not rub it in,...) so I am trying not to add any more stimulation to the skin. That's where I am as of now and I guess I will continue to use the cream and see what happens.

Bez if you just deleted your pics and didn't format your Hard drive then you can get them back using R-Undelete. Demo is free and it will get back your files as long as they are smaller than 64kb. Full version has no such restrictions. Go to

http://www.r-tt.com/

Also about this cream. If i put a moisturiser on over my scar it will look better. The fact that the scar is nourished and moist by using this moisturiser will make it look and seem better. I used vitamin E for 5 months and thought this as well but after i stopped using it the scar was the same.

If this cream is really what the women claims then we are talking about putting facial cosmetc and plastic surgeory out of business. This could mean billions and billions of dollars. Then we get a case of governments intervening and special secret organizations effectively shutting down the makers of this cream for fear of what it could create.

You know what happened to the inventors for using plain water instead of petrol to make cars go, they were silenced for fear of putting the huge petroleum companies out of business. Scary but true.

Will--even if this cream claims to do all of this, cosmetic surgery/plastic surgeons will not be affected. Cosmetic doesn't refer to just scars! If it did, then i might agree with you. But if someone wants their nose done, lips enhanced, skin lifted, eyes done, BIGGER boobs, the list goes on and on and on...Believe me, our scars are minimal to these surgeons!!!! Just ask Michael Jackson!

Yes true Max but i clearly used the word facial i wasn't talking about other procedures. It would shake up somebody like Dr Rappaport.

Hi Will- I don't mean to start a great debate, however, there will always be a need for subcision even if this cream does do wonders!!!!! Some scars are so deep that by helping it surface would in turn make other procedures more effective! You can't expect any cream in the world to just fix a deep scar/hole/pit.

:)

Hi Bez, are you seriously asking how you know exfoliation is taking place?

For me it means tight skin which looks and feels very smooth. I can still see the scars but they appear to look better because of the tightness, which by the way is caused by trasdermal water loss. You see when you constantly peel the top layer of skin the skin looses its epidermal layer which holds in moisture/water. Personally if I use exfoliating products too often and my top layer does not get the opportunity to renew itself my skin is not only tight but also becomes wrinkled looking some what like how your fingers and toes look after staying in the bath too long. My skin does not usually peel until after I stop using the exfoliation product.

FREEDOM--

My skin does feel a bit tight (tighter then usual). My skin looks very smooth no tiny bumps or rough patches in the area I applied the cream, which I generally have.

Does this therefore mean exfoliation is taking place, and the cream is therefore working? What other products do this and do they get rid of scars like this cream claims to?

Thanks for your help

Exfoliation is able to renew the epidermis quite quicky. Skin problems located in the upper layers of the skin (hyperpigmentation,rough spots, and some sun damage etc.) can be resolved through continual exfoliation.

It is thought that depressed and ptted scars which are located in the deeper skin can also be improved through continual exfoliation. Just remember that the skin needs a chance to rebuild otherwise you can cause further damage to the skin. (been there done that)

Read Dr. Pickard's info on scar reduction that emphasises exfoliation (with salicylate acid) and regeneration (with copper peptides).

http://www.scar-reduction.com/#Comparison%...ction%20Methods

FREEDOM--

You mentioned "you'd been there done that" with over-exfoliation for scarring pitted. What was your whole experience like (products, results(you suggest weren't good)).

Thanks for that!

Hi,

I used to think that in order to remove a scar via exfoliation you had to keep at it continously day and night not letting the skin regenerate the top layer. So I applied retin A and salicylate acid day and night; my skin got drier and drier and more fragile than ever. New pimples were scaring because my skin did not have the integrity to heal. Some of the scars I was working on became deeper and worse looking. Moisture is very important for healing to take place.

FREEDOM--

You are obviously the right person to ask about this stuff.... Should I apply moisturizer at night or or what? What can I do so that I won't end up over-drying my skin, and getting in to the previous situation you had. (I'm sorry to here about that by the way).

*** What are some REALLY good moisturizer that DO NOT clog pores etc.... regardless of price?

-- any websites?

Also, I am only using the cream 6 days a week. I am not using the cream at night either. Does this sound reasonable for not over-drying and damaging my skin?

Thanks again

I would suggest using a moisturizing gel that also speeds healing called "Spenco 2nd Skin Quick Heal". This should be available at one of your local drugstores in the band-aid section.

I would think that the schedule that you are on for applying the cream is ok, however I dont have experience with the cream to say for sure.

Did she say to take one day off?

Hello Sunset,

thanks for posting.

You said you emailed Ramana quite a few questions, can you tell us about some of the answers you recieved that you found encouraging?

Do you believe that this cream truly eliminated her scars 100%?

Did she say how long you personally needed to use the cream and did she give you instructions for use similar to Bez? Did you email her pictures of your scars?

If you skin is not peeling or exfoliating from the cream then by what method would you say this cream is working?

:)

FREEDOM--

she did not say to take a day off. She just suggested if my skin was getting too tight, only apply it twice daily instead of three times daily. She also said apply the cream every other day. I decided that taking one day off was good.

That gel you mention, is it available in the UK? Any ordering websites? Or any other gels/creams that may be of use?

Well I would say that there is only one way to find out if Bez is actually a croonie for promoting this 'wonder cream" or if he/she is actually genuine.

Buy the cream and risk the bucks! I would if I wasn't having results at the moment. God knows I have wasted a lot more money and time on lasers and dermatologists for very minimal results and a whole lot of assurances that results would be better with more treatments.

In the meantime, I am going to go along with my copper peptides and exfol cream with weekly peel and take it nice and slow and if results keep on progressing as they have been I will be more than happy.

U

Wow. I've just read all of the messages about this cream...sounds a little sketchy. I wonder why the before & after pics are so difficult to come up with; I'd definitely like to see them. I also like the barter thing that sunset has going; and if this stuff does indeed work, I'd certainly try it.

A few questions for anyone who knows:

-tell me about Elcina (does it work? I'm assuming no, but...)

-and about copper peptides (what are they, how do you get them??)

-tretinoin

I have hope for some miracle med...I guess I'm crazy. But I'd like to hear what people think. Thanks!

i'd like to see some pics too.. Elicina hasn't worked for me and i tried it for a couple of months, it seems the only people that benefited from it were the testimonials posted up on their site. However, copperpeptides are proven to break down scar tissue although it takes months to see results.

I am not sure if they sell Spenco in the UK. You can order it online. Do a google search to find some.

The Spenco 2nd skin quick heals primary ingredient is hyaluronan or hyaluronic acid which helps the skin retain moisture. If you can't find the Spenco product there are plenty of other topicals in which hyaluronic acid is the primariy ingredient. Again do a google search for hyaluronic acid to find other topicals.

Elle,

I will try to answer your questions as best as I can. I started emailing Rumana Syed as soon as I read about the cream. Someone posted her original message from another board. That was around mid March. For some reason, I really wanted to try the cream. I wasn't ready for things like laser and a topical cream sounded safe enough. The fact that she suggested the swap thing helped me decide to purchase because I felt it was easier to do than money transfer.

1. What I found encouraging: Well, this is tied in part to whether I trust her or not. From her emails I found that the cream is produced by a homeopathic clinic called Homeopharma Pakistan in an area called Swat. I did a search on the internet and it seems that Swat is in the northern part of Pakistan and from what I can remember, it is like the Switzerland of Pakistan - surrounded by mountains, clean air and water... I also stumbled upon an online English news site in Pakistan and there were ads for homeopathic doctors/clinics... I got the impression that homeopathy is big in Pakistan. The ingredients she listed were ones used often in homeopathic products with skin-related/skin healing properties. She told me to get the cream tested here if I wanted. The usage method (application,exfoliation and renewal) seemed to make sense to me. I found it encouraging that the cream is supposed to work only on the top layer of the skin so I am not supposed to run the cream in, just spread it on the skin.

2. Do I believe the cream eliminated her scars 100%: In short, yes, I do. This will probably lead some people to say I am in league with her, that I am part of some scam but I have to be honest. She has been very forthcoming with her answers, telling me in detail about her scars, the kind of treatment she got, the botched microdermabrasion (diamond-peel thing) job. She is a teacher by profession and is not tied to the clinic. She used the cream herself after other treatments in the States yielded meager results. She found out about it through her local homeopathic supplier, tried it and it worked. I have talked to her once on the phone and she has been sincere. I believe the cream did help her. Having said that, I have a "wait and see" attitude right now because I believe everyone's skin is different and could react differently. Everyone's skin is different in skin tone, texture - even the same acne causes different types of scars in different people. What I am trying to see is if this cream will work for my skin type, my scars. I also think the products/medication/treatments we have used will sort of condition the skin to react differently to products. In the past few months, I have tried Elicina, Exfol cream and TriReduction, and pseudo self-needling (I was so chicken I ended up jabbing the scars a few times, a little bleeding, no popping sound and thus so results) and I am sure these have made my skin a little different from what it was before. I want to use this cream and see. I am seeing some improvement so I have hope.

3. I did send her a picture of my scars, my "before" picture, so to speak. She told me maybe a month but not more than 3-4 months. The picture was a bit fuzzy and my scars looked a lot better than they really are. It was the first time I was not happy that my scars looked better than they really are. The usage method, as I was told, is basically three times a day, wash face before every new application and no cream during the night/sleep. I was told that I could experiment with the cream to see what schedule worked best for me. This is what I do: Apply cream for 4-5 hours, wash face, leave face bare for 1-2 hours, apply cream for 4-5 hours, wash face, leave face bare for 1-2 hours, apply cream for 4-5 hours, wash, go to bed. This is based on Rumana's tip for what worked best for her. It is difficult to keep washing my face during the day so I keep it flexible depending on my daily schedule.

4. I think the cream does exfoliate. The word Rumana used was dissolve the top layer of the skin. But then again, I am not a dermatologist and do not know the exactly. All I can say is, my cheeks turn a little red on application, there is a tingling/stinging sensation for a short while then it is okay. Sometimes, when I don't have the cream on, I look at my cheeks in really really bright light and I can see very tiny white flakes. The cheeks do feel drier than the rest of my face.

Hope this helps you.