Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bez157

Scar cream may work!

Sorry to put a downer on this, but I don't believe any cream will be able to get rid of deep scars - maybe fine lines and superficial/shallow scarring.

What is the difference with this stuff to a glycolic facial cream? - I mean glycolic/aha creams also remove/exfoliate everyday bringing up new skin, but in no way would it 'heal' deep scars.

All sounds very similar to the testimonials from the Elicina (snail) cream - which is just a big con in my and others experience.

And $100 for a months supply!!! - that is big bucks!! Do you know that $100 in Parkistani currency would feed many families for a month? That is a ridiculous price (for someone who is trying to help scar sufferers) to charge.

My intuition tells me this: If something really works - it would be all over the press and some big manufacturer would take it up and sell it to us - irrelevant of the language barrier, if a scar cream could heal deep scars in 3 months it would be seen as a miracle cure...

Sorry... I would like you to prove me wrong and I will buy the stuff myself if it works.... I just want to warn anyone who is considereing spending $100 to be very careful - there are always scams going around and people quite happy to take money from people who are suffering and desperate for a cure. Be careful.

And another thing :D ....

Since the ingredients are:

Sarsaparilla 3x, Calendula Off 1x, Berberis Aql 1x, Olium Jac 6x, Thuja 1Q, Echinacea 1Q, Hydrocotyle 1x.

Why not go to your local homeopathic store, buy the stuff you need (I know in the UK you can get stuff like this from some of the bigger pharmacies) mix it up in your normal creams and apply... surely much cheaper.

These are relatively common ingredients - it wouldn't cost you $100 to make either!!

I know it is hard to believe this may work but it is possible. I will keep at it and the worst that could happen is my scars do not improve. The best thing that could happen is my scars vanish. No western scar treatments involve herbal remedies that I'm aware of. Herbal treatments are some of the most effective in the world. Tea tree oil for example. I am optomistic too but hopeful as well. Yes $100 is a lot for 1 month, but I wouldn't risk making my own. I wouldn't know where to start. The people in Pakistan are a small homeopathic store dealing in health products. They're obviously won't be too many westerners seeking it out. I also believe this is a fairly new product.

Everything seems to be going well with it, I hope it works, I will be disappointed if it does not obviously. This will be the last straw for me, I will then have to turn to operation procedures for my scars.

Take care

Can you tell me what other ingredients are in this cream? Any oils?

How does it feel on your skin, greasy or not?

And has it caused any clogged pores or acne?

I also wanted to ask about the two different strenghts of cream she talked about. Why would she send you the less potent sample first? How did you go about getting a stronger sample? Why does she even have two strenghs?

I am confused. :D

Dr. Pikart's exfol cream/serum is suppose to do the same thing. It's suppose to gently remove layers of skin and dissolve the scar tissue. Using it with copper peptides should further help the process. He says that it will eventually dissolve scar tissue but he's still working out on the amuont that is needed. He's more credible and his products are more reasonably priced. Just to let you know..

I am interested in the homeopathic remedy and i would try mixing the ingredients myself if i knew of a store that i can get them from. Any ideas?

Read this, I asked her a few KEY questions which many people have on their minds. I can't answer the questions personally, as I am on the opposite end of this whole thing. She supplies me and I don't know the homeopathic store, nor do I live in Karachi where she comes from.

If anyone has any REALLY GOOD questions worth asking her, please write them directed towards me in BOLD lettering. Thanks.

Heres what she replied when I asked her some questions:

is harmless, you can get it tested in a lab. In Pakistan, a lot of emphasis is

placed on natural ingredients. This cream was well known in Swat, where the

clinic is situated, but Swat is like the Arizona or Utah of the US, they live in

their own world, and are quite cut off from cosmopolitan Karachi.

I think that the cream will be marketed internationally sometime next year as

more and more people are getting to know about it, the people doing the research

and making the cream need financial backing to market world wide since they are

basically researchers and are not business savvy.

The cream CANNOT be harmful because it is only working with the top, superficial

layer of the skin and not going deeper, even if it went deeper, it is TOTALLY

harmless, it has been used in Swat for 5-7 years with 100% satisfaction.

Harmotonic is stronger, but it is harmless, infact, it is even used for

headaches as balm, and has a lot of other properties, for instance it is used

for a baby's nappy rash, for some vaginal infections, acne, acne vulgaris, etc.

It is TOTALLY harmless, even a one month old baby can use it.

Yes, it works like a peel, but instead of chemicals, only natural ingredients

are used.

I have recently heard that someone in the Middle East and Singapore are

interested in acquiring the agency rights for exporting the cream. That is why

I think by next year it will be available abroad. If it wasn't for the internet

then even you would not know about it, because of the language problem and the

lack of infrastructure here.

I have talked to people in Swat who have used the cream 4-5 years ago, when I

asked them about side effects, they laughed at me. They said the only side

effect was clear, blemish free, young and healthy skin.

Don't worry about these tiny bump like pimples forming, that is because of fast

exfoliation when newer and newer cells are forming at a very fast rate, if you

are concerned slow down the process a little by applying less or washing face

and leaving it clean for a few hours. It is very important that your face

should have nothing on it for at least 7-8 hours every day so that it can repair

itself. When the cream is on your face, it cannot repair itself, as it is in

the shedding mode, that is why it forms these tiny dot like pimples, these are

just layers of skin trying to exfoliate, which they can only do after the cream

is washed off the face.

I know you will love the Harmotonic, as I have used both, and the latter is far

superior, in fact I am now just selling Harmotonic. Only thing was I got to

know about it later after I had been using the Harmolink for a month. I also

used the Harmotonic on stretch marks I had since puberty, and they are totally

gone after only 2 weeks.

Sorry it was a long post. Take care

Really, we want you to prove us wrong. Talk is cheap. BTW chemical peels are natural to... glycolic acid has been used for hundreds years back to when cleopatra was around. Its derived from fruit. Lactic acid is natural too, your own body produces it. I know about this homeopathic healer that lives in my hometown. I wont be home for another couple of months but once im there i'll try to ask him. Do you know if this cream is safe to use in the sun?

I would think it is very safe, as she mentioned it is used on babies and for headaches <(?). I would assume sun exposure with the cream would be alright.

I personally try and avoid sun exposure, period. If I get some sun it is for a short period of time.

Doesn't everyone hear hate the sun??? It makes scars stand out like a sore thumb!!

Bez, can you make sure though, I dont wanna email her cuz she seems to get a lot though she seems to read yours. I just dont want to lead into assumptions; i want to be sure. thanx

FREEDOM---

About your question, the two strengths of the cream.

Harmolink, the stuff I'm currently using is for more sensitive skin, thinner skin. She must have sent it to make sure I had no problems with the ingredients in it, etc.

Harmotonic, the stuff I'm getting in the post soon, is for tougher skin and works more effectively. She said it works faster then the harmolink. I just said to her the harmolink cream wasn't giving my skin any results after a few days. I sent her some pics of my scars, and she said my skin was suitable for the harmotonic cream. She then mailed it away immediatley.

But I thought she saw your scars before or shortly after she sent you the first cream, and she said it would take a few months to see progress. Now I also asked her a few questions through email and she said she had a 25 year old ckicken pox scar that went away after two weeks. Are your scars worse than a chicken pox scar?

Since you seem to have a good relationship with this woman why dont you invite her to come here and answer questions. If her cream truly is capable of doing all she says than it will be to her benefit to post here.

Have you seen her posting her scar cream on any other boards?

I wonder how much the people in her country pay for this cream.

Based on what she's saying it still appears that it's not going to build collagen underneath the scar. Seems to me that just replacing skin on top will only be good for shallow scars. Perhaps I'm wrong about that.

I got this email from the lady recently:

Hi,

There are actually 3 types of creams.

One for sensitive skin and for mild scarring (Homodarma)

The second for medium scarring (Harmolink)

The third for deep scarring (Hormotonic)

Each addresses different depths of scarring.

For people who just use it to keep their skin forever young, use the 1st one as

they don't have any problem, they just want to exfoliate regularly so that they

can maintain their youth.

For those with mild scarring, a couple of weeks with Harmolink would be enough.

For deep scars, the Harmotonic is ideal.

If I had seen your scars earlier, I would have sent you the Harmotonic for

faster results.

The ingredients in Harmotonic Cream are these:

Medicinal plants extracts, Squallene Sulphadiazide, Bees wax, fatty acids,

Mineral oil Heavy, Triethanolamin, Terpineolhydrate, Eucalyptus oil, wool fat,

Vitamin E.

You can also get it checked at any lab. in the UK.

You must avoid the sun during treatment. Wear a good sun block if you have to

be outdoors, as your skin is shedding and renewing itself and needs to be

protected during treatment.

That should get a few things off your mind, regarding the cream.

If anyone finds as much info. as possible on the ingredients that would be a big help. Just post them here.

I am very confused. Why does she not just offer the strongest fastest working cream for everyone? And why are the ingredients different? They are not different strenghts but different formulations also? How does she know that all three creams work if she claims to have gotten rid of all her scars with the first cream. How would one know which cream is best for their scars? :D

very confused...

Is there an expiration date for these creams?

I assume that the reason she has variations of her cream is because there are many skin types. Some people's skin is more sensitive than others.

bez, any updates on how your skin is doing with the cream?

I can't answer these questions personally. I have asked her so many questions its incredible she still talks to me. I thought it was pretty clear that there are three different creams for different skin types. I can't stress this enough, I have to rely on what she says! If I were living in Pakistan I would find out in detail EVERYTHING, from the store selling the cream.

My update:

I think it has been 7-8 days of using the cream and not too much has changed from day 1. I assume this is due to the fact that I am using the second strongest version (harmolink) for mild-shallow scars. I will no doubt need to use the harmotonic cream for my scars-- the strongest. Perhaps if I use the harmolink long enough I would see results but I want results fast. I will then truly believe this cream is a miracle. She said I should see results within days of using the harmotonic cream. If I don't this will be disappointing, but not too surprising.

I will be seeeing a homeopathic doctor sometime in early june, i will ask him about it and even see if he can mix the cream for me.

Bez she wrote about pimples ...

"...Don't worry about these tiny bump like pimples forming, that is because of fast exfoliation when newer and newer cells are forming at a very fast rate, if you are concerned slow down the process a little by applying less or washing face and leaving it clean for a few hours. It is very important that your face should have nothing on it for at least 7-8 hours every day so that it can repair itself. When the cream is on your face, it cannot repair itself, as it is in the shedding mode, that is why it forms these tiny dot like pimples.."

Have you broken out from the cream?

Well it has been abouyt 9 days and my skin does appear a bit smoother. The scars do seem a bit better, but it is hard to tell exactly how much better they are.

The lady can not really answer much more questions from me. She said she may set up a website, she is getting soo many emails about the cream so I can understand why she can't answer all my emails. I should get the HARMOTONIC cream tomorrow, which I am looking forward to trying.

You can not use this cream well you are exposed to sun. I suppose the skin is repairing itself and the sun damages it when it is in this mode.

Take care, I'll keep you posted..

Hi Bez, thanks for the update, can you tell us exactly what type of scars you have and what type of scar you are applying the cream to? Did she say how bad she thought your scars were after you sent the photo?

Before when I asked about her comments on pimples I was wondering why she made those comments in the first place?

My scars are very similar ti Jamie10's scars. my pictures have been deleted off my computer, so I can not show you them, I'm sorry about that. I am applying the cream basically all over my scars, since I have had NO bad reactions with the cream. These do appear to be a bit better...

FREEDOM--- I didn't understand what you were trying to say, could you please clarify. Thanks

Before when I asked about her comments on pimples I was wondering why she made those comments in the first place?