Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wrestler

should i begin using erythromycin

i'm coming up on my 4 week mark, and have been following precisely w/ the exceptions that 1) i missed 2 applications around christmas, and 2)went tanning a couple days before xmas. naturally i have a breakout. anyways i have a tube of erythromycin from a while ago, and was wondering how to incorporate this into the regimen and if it would be a good idea. my face is no longer dry or itchy (i was actually using 10%bp before the regimen so beginning it wasn't too bad)

damn, just realized it expired 7/04. would it be a dumb idea to use it? how would something like that go bad, i didn't even get the prescription much more than a year ago

wow! i just tried erythromycin and it works wonders! this thing clears up my face so fast. i started using it after my 4th or 5th week on the regimen and now it's great. this thing is amazing, well for me it is.

HuDatt, i have some erthro and was wondering the same thing if you can use it with the regimen...can you tell me how you do it?? do you still do the regimen with it?

well what i do is, i use basis facial soap, clean and clear blackhead scrub, euricin skin renewal moisturizer, dan's bp, and prescribed erythromycin. in the morning i wash my face in the shower with basis facial soap and use the clean and clear blackhead scrub after. then i pat and dry my face for 10 mins, put on dan's bp and wait another 15, and put on the moisturzier. at night do the same thing in the shower, wash with soap and blackhead scrub. then i get out a pat my face dry and i pop any extremely small pimples. if it's too big, i usually wait till when it gets smaller, unless it's really ready to pop and i use a needle. after that, i wait 10 mins and then put on the erythro. then i wait about 40 mins. the erythro takes a really long ass time to absorb into the skin. then i put on the BP and that's it. if you follow that, your acne will probably clear up pretty fast. also i'm using evolution x vitamin b5 pills so later i won't breakout. i don't really think you need the b5, but it's just my safety thing.