Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm totally confused about BP gel! I don't think I've ever seen it before.

I have PanOxyl 10 Face wash - but its different to the gel because you wash it off when your done.

Where do you get this gel in the UK does anyone know?

And do you HAVE to use 2.5% because with my 10%BP facewash i get on fine with no irritation and very little dry skin.

Do you keep this gel on for the whole day without washing it off? I'm thinking of incorparting a bit of Dan's regimen into my own - but i cannot comply with it fully as i have to use the stuff the derm. gave me.

Any help is totally appreciated!!! Thanx! eusa_angel.gif

i don't know how serious your acne is, but my derm gave me an oral and topical anti biotic. the topical one contained bp anyway, so i didn't use it, i just ordered dans bp gel and use his regimen whilst taking the oral pill my derm gave me. www.acnesupplies.org will send you the 2.5% bp gel, its the best, and cheapest, even for the uk, accept nothing else! also, ditch the wash you've got and get cetaphil cleanser and an oil free moisturiser, the regimen works so well! but stick with it! you can get cetaphil and other stuff from p2u.co.uk, it will come very quick in the post, when not holiday season it comes the next day after shipping, give it a go!

Hey there,

Yes i urge you to use 2.5% as opposed to your 10%. It may be a lower dosage but its just as effective. And the reason why you're fine with a 10% wash is because you dont leave it on your skin all day you just wash it off afterwards.

And for the BP gel, just check your local supermarket, all the supermarkets down here in Australia sell them... otherwise ask your derm.

Yeah, 10% is a bad move. No matter how much moisturizer I used I always had horrible dry skin and chemical burns from it. Stick with 2.5% it will work perfectly. Dan's BP Gel kicks total ass and does not sting like Neutrogena.