Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
froggone

Red scars reamaining after years of acne

hi all

i have just stumbled onto this site today and this is my first post.

I am 25 years old of asian/caucasian decent and have suffered from pimples/acne since i was 15 years old. Over the last 2-3 years my skin has pretty much cleared up. I still get a few pimples here and there however what i really what to get rid of is the red acne scarring from pimples. Can anyone recommend the best treatment i can receive in a clinic to rid me of the marks? And for those living in sydney a reputable clinic in the CBD/Newtown area? The red marks arn't severe and i don't have indentations or pick marks. I was looking at Intense Light Therepy(IPL) but this seems to be just spot treament. I would really like a treatment that would treat the whole face however if people have had good results with IPL i would consider trying it out. Maybe some sort of peel would work?

Topical treatments are out of the question for me. I have very sensitive skin and the more products i put on my face the more i break out. Less is more in my case. My regime at the moment is wasing my face at night once every two days with proactive cleanser and using a pure green clay mask once a week/fortnight (which i make myself). The rest of the time i just use water. If i need an extra cleanse i use cetaphil. I also have to rotate my cleanser every now and again as my face aclimatizes to products.

I apply mosturiser morning and night. Nivia for men during the day and a just a mosturiser base (no crap just mosturiser from Health store) at night.

I also supplement with exercise a healthy diet plus fish oil capusules and flaxseed oil.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Whoa! don't lose hope. My scars have faded significantly over the years. What i am after is a treatment to get rid of the last remaining scars that i can see just below the skin.

ur acne isnt cleared up until u get rid of the red marks...the red marks can sometimes look worse then acne

Are the marks still so bad after years that you need a clinic based treatment?

That scared me a bit, i was hoping these marks i have would be gone in a few months.

Are the marks still so bad after years that you need a clinic based treatment?

That scared me a bit, i was hoping these marks i have would be gone in a few months.