Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mayo

Does Accutane cause scars?

i know if your major pimples leave you could be left with red marks as i already have but ive heard some people in this board say that accutane scarred them

is this true?Other than the healing process that can cause red marks to appear, does accutane scar you(not due to pimples healing)

Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

THX

i know if your major pimples leave you could be left with red marks as i already have but ive heard some people in this board say that accutane scarred them

is this true?Other than the healing process that can cause red marks to appear, does accutane scar you(not due to pimples healing)

Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

THX

no accutane does not scar you. In fact it does the opposite. It helps with the scars and even wrinkles. People should really get the facts straight before putting wrong information down.

I think it can work both ways depending on your skins nature.

My derm told me it does increase collagen but there is no evidence that it improves scars.

For some ppl the increase in collagen might be enough to improve some scars or wrinkles.

But I think for most ppl the general weaking of skin plus the initial outbreak caused by tane might outweigh the collagen increase effect, so they might scar.

So I guess Johnjoz as well tacey are right smile.gif...