Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
U s e r n a m e

Dream Matte Mousse Foundation

I have very oily skin that I can never seem to control. Lately, the shine has seemed to go out of control with the use of mineral foundations, and it is becoming very unbearable and disgusting looking. I've tried a couple of clear oil controlling primers that just made my liquid foundation ball up, and needless to say, they didn't control oil at all either! I was thinking one day, how come no genius has ever made an oil controller (that actually works!) and is tinted like a foundation? eusa_think.gif Well.... I *think* I just found it. I just bought the new Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation today. I used it once and it seemed pretty good. I would like to say, though, that lately I am not being too excited with skin care products or makeup at first impression... since being completely disappointed in a lot after using them for a little while. eusa_snooty.gif It had the texture of those silicone-based oil controlling primers, but it is a foundation that provides a good deal of coverage. Has anyone else used this, or used it for a longer time? I would love to hear your reviews for this product, and it might help some other people out as well who have annoyingly oily skin that needs good coverage. I will update in the future on how well (or bad) it continues to work for me...

I haven't actually used the Maybelline one yet, but have heard that it compares favorably with the liquid mineral foundation that Jane Iredale (which is what I currently use).

This was from a magazine, but it did make me consider purchasing when I run out of my Jane Iredale.

Really? eusa_think.gif How would you describe the coverage that the J.I. liquid mineral foundation gives you? I have heard that it is pretty light coverage; nothing too fancy for lots of red marks. I am really interested in it though, since it is supposed to be a more natural foundation. But the price!! shock.gif Hmm... the powder alone costs a lot, I hate having to spend a fortune on cosmetics. I'd rather go shopping for other things, know what I mean?

Oh my, I LOVE Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. I have oily skin and it doesn't really help that[/] much with oil control but it evens out my skin wonderfully and looks so natural. It really is a wonderful foundation. The only thing is, it doesn't mention on the jar if it is oil free or if it clogs pores or not - so I don't know if it's been contributing to my breakouts. I put it aside and I'm going to see if my skin improves at all when I'm not using it. I really hope it isn't making me breakout, though, because I love it. I've had it for almost five months now and I still have a lot left. A little goes a long way with this foundation.

Ahh, I can't rave enough about it smile.gif

It's definetly not for people with dry skin, though. It tends to emphasize flakes and sometimes fine lines. I don't have either of those so it works for me.

The only thing is, it doesn't mention on the jar if it is oil free or if it clogs pores or not - so I don't know if it's been contributing to my breakouts.

I tried a sample and it seemed just like covergirls Trueblend...has the same moussey (sp?) texture. I couldn't get it to cover anything and my face was oily an hour later.