Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
startingover

exoderm with dr rullan 90% improvement already

hi all

first of all, I would like to day this is my new screen name because for some reason I have not been able to log in my old account for some time now. I want to let you guys know because sometime back there was a problem with this when a memeber posted about exoderm and it was her first post and people were fussing about it.

Anyhow, I am writing this because I know how it is to be suffering day in and out with scarring. IT IS THE MOST DEPRESSING IN THE WORLD

I took my chance with exoderm with dr. rullan and it will just give you guys a brief overview of the procedure, costs and my results

first i want to clarify some myths about exoderm

1) exoderm is only about 1/200 of the original solution (dr. rullan told me this himself) and that's why it won't turn people ghostly white

2) it can be used on all skin tones

day 1) went in for the procedure at 8:00 am, got knocked out, woke up...it was all done but my face was swollen so badly that my eyes were shut so the caregiver pick me up and brought me back to the motel....slept in most of the day because of the drugs.

*you have to have someone to take care of you for at least the first two days...either family or hire someone through the office like me. The person I hired..her name is elizabeth and she is the best. I hired her for the first two days but she checks on me even after the first two days to see what else I might need and she would go out of her ways to help me even when she wasn't being paid after the first two days.

day 2: go into the office again with my face all typed up and got knock out again and this is when they abrade you scarring further with the chemical and now the green mask is put on. Today is not as bad because I can see a little bit. go back to the motel...sleep and watch tv

you will have this green mask on for 8 days starting from day 2 when the mask is applied.

so after day 3...pain is pretty much gone and I just watch tv and make sure I keep up with the antibacterial and antivirual medicine and keep up with the liquid food.

8 days later.... green mask is removed by myself in the shower slowly by loosen it with vasalin (you will get detail instructions for everything)

FACE = very red

improvement= about 90% give or take 5-10% because it really depend how what you think. This was SUPRISING BECAUSE FROM WHAT i READ FROM THIS SITE...IT WAS SUPPOSE TO TAKE A YEAR TO SEE RESULTS

most of my scars are completely leveled but remember that results are different on different people and the type and severity of your scarring.

I had light to moderate scarring (mostly boxcars and dr rullan said I responded so well because of the type of scarring I have)

But according to the before and after pictures they have in the office (everyone gets at least 50 to 70% improvement, even the ones with severe scarring

cost: $4000 for the procedure, $600 for the motel called good nite inn (warning: don't stay there it is nasty and dirty) $300 (150 per day)for the caregiver because she had to leave me each day for a few hours to feed her sick pets so she charged me $50 less...she normally charges $200 to give you guys a heads up. $600 because I flu there 2 times total once 3 months back for the consultant

This changed my life and that's why I am writing to tell you all about it. I took a chance and it was worth it.

VS's post gave me hope and changed my life and I hope I can help you guys too like he did for me. (vs's post is extremely helpful so makesure you read it too and it is under I believe commonly asked questions under the description about exoderm through the provided links)

DR rullan is extremely competent in his work...he put himself in our shoes in terms of wanting results. he sees our scarring the way we see it and he is a perfectonist according to his staff and even himself. He and his staff are wonderful people...not only competent but caring too.

DO ANYONE KNOW A PRODUCT TO HELP WITH REDNESS? THANKS

id love to see pictures of results, i have looked all over the web and can't seem to find any. I had considered exoderm before trying dermabrasion but dermabrasion made more sense. Nevertheless, please find a way to post pics if you can and so many people who have questions will have a chance to see the wonderful results of such a procedure.

there are some before and after pictures on dr. rullan's website

www.drrullan.com

as you can see...i have no money left for anything ....not even a cheap camera.

Guest niko

eusa_liar.gif

I remember this person, why don't you post pics?

also i remember you had 90 percent improvement initially, how many people keep the initial results, if you had said 60 percent now, would of been more believable...i could be wrong...without pics its nothing.

For those who don't believe me that's fine....it's your life.

Everyone should find out what is best for themselves....I am just telling my story because I know how it feels to live in hiding.

old screenname:eva513

But you guys are right about one thing...as my face get less red..I am starting to start some scars that I thought were gone so the improvement is not as good I I thought it was but I am still very happy with the results.

There is always controversy on the internet and sometimes you just have to take a chance like I did when I flu over there to learn about it myself with dr. rullan and his assistant valerie.

I dont' have pictures and even if I did...I would never have the courage to post it on the worldwide web...because if my parents ever found out what I did...they would kill me. What are the chances of that rite...? but you never know.

all I have to say is good luck

and one more thing is that you guys really discourage me to help your guys with your comments about my post as fishy

And by the way...I have never posted anything before about this procedure

my mistake - didn't mean to say Dr. Rullan's work sounded fishy, just a very poor website I guess with copyright issues

I wasn't able to get past the home page on dr rulan's site but I did see the picture that Shade is talking about.

Shade that's called a stock photo. Those are models not patients. That is the same on most websites. Now if there is a before and after picture of that guy on two doctor's sites then that would be fishy. But if 2 doctors used the same stock photo that's just to give the website some life don't hang the doctor for that.

I wasn't able to get past the home page on dr rulan's site but I did see the picture that Shade is talking about.

Shade that's called a stock photo.  Those are models not patients.  That is the same on most websites.  Now if there is a before and after picture of that guy on two doctor's sites then that would be fishy.  But if 2 doctors used the same stock photo that's just to give the website some life don't hang the doctor for that.

If his photo is being used without permission, that's called copyright infringement. If he doesn't want the photo to be used then he should contact the webmaster of the site and tell them to remove the photograph from the website. In the future, he should consider placing a copyright notice on his website and/or photographs.

I think its clear that the first photos you see are models. Its like a dentists site - the person wth the beaming white smile isnt necessarily a patient of that practice, its probably a model

If you enter thesite and click Exoderm there are excellent before and after photos. Its seems to be very like a chemical peel, it reminded me of the Obaji?

Good results but far to invasive for me. If I could cope with the downtime Id consider it. Well done for being so brave!

I don't think Dr. Rullan's work is suspicious in any way despite this issue with the pictures. I did look up his credentials and he is certified and appears on the American Society of Dermatologic surgeons website. I would still feel comfortable trying this option for all of my scars.

I think Exoderm would be a good option to take. The only downside is the extreme cost of $3600.