Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been on the regimen for a few weeks now and it is working great. One product I have added is Aloe Vera Gel with Tea Tree Oil (a combination gel - I use Aloe Pura brand but I am sure there are many other brands out there at natural health stores which are just as effective). The product stops my acne from becoming inflamed when I have to "pop a pimple" (to the point where it is almos unoticable) and the redness lasts much shorter (sometimes the spot is even gone by the next day). I have also noticed that it clears up the red spots from old acne much faster, as spots that have been there for a couple of weeks are now virtually invisible. I believe the combination of the healing power of aloe vera with the anticeptic action of tea tree oil helps facilitate this. Now I am not a doctor and my experience has no scientific merit (I also know that every product works differently for different people) but I have found that this is a great compliment to the regimen. The only thing is that the tea tree oil can dry my skin so I have to be careful not to overuse it. I just wanted to advocate this stuff - the aloe vera and tea tree oil combination - to people out there, as it really seems to work well for me. Also, I was wondering if anybody has used this or a similar combination with the same results as me.

Sometimes I use it all over my face - to get the red spots -, but I have to be careful as it can cause overdrying. However, I use it daily on individiual spots that are inflamed or I have just popped and that seems to control the dryness.

where do you fit in into the regimem, after cleanser or after bp?

My mom has this aloe product called "ULTIMATE ALOE GEL" (my mom is an aloe freak), on the bottle it says its suppose to aid your skin's healing process. i could probably use it on my red spots too. It contains emu oil (i googled emu oil, and apparently it wont clog your pores) so potential moisturizer?