Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr X

Advice- Going on the Real Regimen

Ok here goes

I have been kinda trying the regimen for about 6 months and when i say kinda its because i haven't always been using the stuff dan recommends at the right time eg in stead of a basic soap i have been using a combination of scrubs and cleansers at the same time etc. However, even with this i have seen really really good results with my acne but my skin has looked kinda battered at times. I came across on another thread the use of Baking Soda and ACV and decided to give that a try, for the first while my face looked alrite nothing great but then suddenly in the past few days it has began to be irritated with burning and itchyness etc.

As i posted on another thread i work outside in the harsh winter weather and when i got in last night and looked in the mirror before washing my face it literally looked like a tomatoe, it was sooo red all over i could not believe it. It made me annoyed because all this time i had been trying to make quite good skin look excellent and now it had all backfired and quite good skin was now horrific.

I decided last night to stop with all the scrubs, ACV, Baking Soda etc and just use Dove Sensitive and BP like Dan basically does, before i went to bed i threw on tonnes of moisturising cream due to the burning and the redness. When i woke up today it has gone down slightly which is good. My forehead however, looks really bloctchy and still redish, so basically what should i do

Should i wait a week or so and just use soap and moisturising cream and then start the Regimen? or should i just carry on with the BP knowing that the irritation must have been caused by the Baking Soda?

Any advice would be really appreciated?

By this time your skin should be accustomed to bp, so I would hazard a guess that it is something else you are using, or perhaps the combination of them with the bp. I think it's safe to get on the regular regimen at this point. Of course if your skin is looking horrible and swollen or crusted, stop the bp as well.