Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had recently been battling the irritation from shaving while on Accutane. I'm in my 5th week and had my blood tests and a checkup done last week. I was talking to my dermatologist about the shaving irritation and he suggested a remington microscreen electric razor. I got a Remington MS55000 and it is awesome. I receive no irritation from it at all, and I get a very close shave....Just thought I'd suggest this to you guys...

Also, is it normal for me to have a small breakout starting my 5th week? I started a new pack of Accutane, but not a higher dosage or anything. I'm thinking maybe this pack was a little more "fresh" or something. HA! I'm just making up things to make me feel better. But I got 2 new pimples, after a week or so of total clearness.

What I did was use 2 shaving razors.

Brought a single blade razor from bic , which is almost outdated now, walmart keeps it in the bottom most shelf smile.gif in addition to the usual 3 blade razors (mach3, turbo etc etc).

What I do is use the single blade one on my cheeks which is acne prone plus more sensitive due to accutane, and the use the 3 blade ones on other parts of my face.

The reason I am scared of an electric razor is I wonder how to use it when you have active pimples. It will be pretty tough to manuever around it right? With a manual razor, you can skip the pimple or shave very gently over it or something like that, but with an electric one , do you have that much control?????

What if you do not want it to? Like if you have a tender pimple that you are afraid will pop if the shaver worked over it,can you avoid it. With a manual razor you can at least try to.

I wanted to use an electric always but I was afraid of those situations sad.gif

Guest Craigems

Coz i got no bumps on my skin i'm using that sensor excel razor the wet shaving one, i found i got too much irritation from my electric razor. The sensor excel works really well, also i dont need to put on After shave which irritates my skin when doing a wet shave in the shower.

Well, as I mentioned earlier, I had two active pimples yesterday, which are now gone. I also shaved with my electric razor going over both of them. The way I did it was by using the "mini-foil" that comes on my razor. The Remington MS5500, which is the one I use, has a mini-foil and a trimmer. The mini-foil is for the detailed work, i.e. shaving around a pimple or something like that. My doctor recommended a shaver with the linear foils and not the circular heads.

Guest OnlyJoe

ive never had any luck with the foil razors. but definatley electric all the way, razors are just to damn risky.

ooo close to getting another user posted image