Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If a girl has decent facial features but bad acne, like REAL bad acne with cysts and stuff, can you see through the skin problems to see her features and other attributes? I am so self conscious, especially around my boyfriend... and we've been together for 8 years!!! I just can't shake my disgrace. Now, on top of it, I have become a lead singer for a band, and I am so scared that people are going to make fun of the chick who can sing, but looks like she's got angry red mountains attempting to escape from her body. Please be honest, if you think that a pretty girl with bad acne is the same as an ugly girl with clear skin, just say it. I need to be prepared and aware. Thanks...

i know a couple really cool girls with acne, doesnt bother me one bit.. im a bit more attracted to them, since they know how it is.. and acne has changed my personality big time.. sure it has had some effect on theirs to

so for me, acne doesnt affect a thing

Guest Brandon

I definitely would be looking more at what kind of personality she has as opposed to her skin condition. You don't need to be around the superficial fucks that think otherwise...they suck.

People on here have/had acne, so they are going to be more understanding than people who have never had skin problems, so.... As long as you remember that then

I could see through the acne, and just listen to you sing or whatever

and I'm sure your boyfriend doesn't care whether you have acne or not, I'm sure he thinks you're the most beautiful thing ever

people on here will be more understanding, theirs a couple girls at my school with a little bit of acne and their hot as fuck

exactly what guilder said. You're not exatly getting a representative sample in the forum. Try posting this is a non acne forum and see what you get?

I'm sure once a person gets to know you they won't care. I mean if they do care, they wern't worth it in the first place.

But that saying, everybody seems to have a fear of spots on themselves, but everyone doesn't seem to care about it. Only if you get spots yourself do you care. Its funny that isn't it?

If a girl has decent facial features but bad acne, like REAL bad acne with cysts and stuff, can you see through the skin problems to see her features and other attributes? I am so self conscious, especially around my boyfriend... and we've been together for 8 years!!! I just can't shake my disgrace. Now, on top of it, I have become a lead singer for a band, and I am so scared that people are going to make fun of the chick who can sing, but looks like she's got angry red mountains attempting to escape from her body. Please be honest, if you think that a pretty girl with bad acne is the same as an ugly girl with clear skin, just say it. I need to be prepared and aware. Thanks...

One thing I've always noticed is wow nice girl

1. oh her skin is bad

2. if she is shy and run down I think, shame the acne must be getting to her

3. if she is outspoken funny and not too bothered- laid back mostly I think wow she's cute and I want to spend more time with her ( totally forget about the acne)

Untill the next time and it starts again

so yea, first impressions are always the exterior appearance but you have like 5 minutes to redeem yourself

eusa_think.gif

hope it makes sense

to tell you the truth I get more turned on by someone who shares my interests than a pretty face. I mean where you can really chat to them for hours on end or even argue and disagree. Does that make sense?

byz

to tell you the truth I get more turned on by someone who shares my interests than a pretty face. I mean where you can really chat to them for hours on end or even argue and disagree. Does that make sense?

byz

Yeh I guess thats true dodo. I cannot resist a cute smile, so I will try and get them to laugh all day! wub.gif

But yeh, to reply to your original post, give people credit. People arn't stupid enough to just see your spots. I htink its great you are singing, that takes a lot of courage especially with spots. I am in awe of you (bows!). ha

Happy new year. You have a boyfriend you said? Doesn't that answer the original question you asked?

I met a girl a few months ago who was really really lovely, she had bad acne and quite a lot of little scars but i was absolutely charmed with her personality. If she didnt have the acne and the scars she would be incredibly beautiful. I dont know If i could go out with a fellow acne sufferer, whether I was clear or not. It sounds shallow, but I just dont know whether I could or not. I've just remembered about another girl I met and I got on with incredibly well, really well in fact. She walked into the pub one night and I thought "God I've got to talk to her" and I did! She was so nice. An average looking girl, who suffered with what looked like hormonal acne, but there was just some sort of connection. If she wanted to go out with me, i'd say yes instantly. Both these girls had boyfriends already, and the first girl in fact has a very handsome boyfriend. So people can see through the acne, it just depends. If loves there, its there! Just hang on in there!

Actually it makes me feel worse if a person thinks I would be really beautiful if i just had better skin. My acne that left some small scars was a one shot thing that happened as a result of temporary illness so it sucks if a guy thinks I'm going to pass bad skin down to the kids since the majority of my family has great skin and I had great skin before too plus i rarely break out anymore (knock on wood).

I know guys look at the complete girl and I know my body, facial features,personality etc.. have a lot to do with me still managing to look half way decent despite the scars (i used to be pretty enough to model and was a fit model for a jeans company, at least my bod is "bangin" haha). What bugs me too is when I notice girls, especially, look at the side of my face with the marks almost with relief (which pisses me off), like oh she's not THAT pretty.

Whatever It's it's all superficiality anyway and acne and scars can resulst from many things not just bad genes. It's much much harder for girls because guys truly are more superficial. They'll treat a nice sweet girl like garbage and go out of their way to make a beautiful bitch happy.

Guest Brandon

Nooooooo. Chloe, beauty is set in stone and a few scratches on the surface will not damage the masterpiece. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing your picture last summer (big hat...snow, right?) and you are very pretty. Always will be. I speak the truth.

wow this is something i wonder about too. my boyfriend seems to have no problem with my face at all, even when i went through that horrid accutane initial break out stage and just didnt even bother wearing make up or trying to cover it at all. he tells me im beautiful all the time, even though i feel like the most horrid thing on the planet! its funny how that works, and i also wonder how objective guys see me (meaning guys who dont know me at all, not my boyfriend who loves me for who i am and sees past the acne).

on the flip side, i find that im inclined to talk to guys w/ acne because for some reason, i feel that they understand what im going through. perhaps this is stupid because the guy may not even give two shits about teh condition of his face, and then the whole theory wouldnt work at all, haha. but i have learned from this board that some guys DO actually care.

Thanks Brandon eusa_shifty.gif that makes me feel a lot better : ) yep that was me in the big hat outside with snow on the ground. My post did seem a bit, well, just plain bitter! One of those not happy at all with my skin days : ( Plus i gotta be up for new years partying even tho I feel like goin' to sleep : p

Anyway, I shouldn't complain i have a boyfriend who seems to think I'm beautiful and I've become way more aware that being hung up about my "bad skin" is probably a lot more unattractive than my actual skin is!

Punk rock princess>>>I know how you feel, my boyfriend and I have been together for a while now and, even though he knew me after accutane and the breakouts, my scars seem to not prevent him or his friends from finding me attractive. No one on this planet is perfect, your boyfriend loves you and how great that he supported you through your accutane experience! It's hard to convince myself of this but those "flaws" you see are minor compared to the big picture of who you are both physically and mentally.

if a girl is attractive and has a great personality then i might be able to move past the bad acne. If the acne is mild, and all the above are in effect than i am down wit it!!

as a rule i look for girls with acne similar or less than mine.....b/c i still have some so i would be egotistical to not date someone b/c they had a few pimples