Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dalsor

The neverending question.

Well...i've been on accutane once, and i'm going on it again. I use cetaphil gentle skin cleanser for morning and night, apply aloe vera once a week, aquaphor & Cortibalm for my lips, ultra sensitive shaving gel for my shaving, etc. Also, Neutrogina ultra Dry SPF 45 for body sunscreen. Anyway, my last question. On my last cycle I used Cetaphil lotion(in green bottle) I think it may have contributed to some breakouts, and it was way to greasy. I found Oil of Olay complete spf 15 to be really nice...but not moisturizing enough. I'm now looking at the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream...i was looking at it but one of the ingredients kinda made me ponder it.

Purified Water, Polyglycerylmethacrylate (and) Propylene Glycol, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, PEG-5 Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Dimethicone and Dimethiconol, Cetyl Alcohol, Sweet Almond Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Lactic Acid, .

The thing im questioning is Lactic Acid...will it irritate my skin?

whats up dude, your progress pictures were one of the reasons I went on accutane, I just started my 4th month and the progress is pretty much as good as yours so I guess I wanna thank you for inspiring my progress, lol, or at least posting your pictures to show your progress

the funny thing with me is that I haven't had to moisturize my face at all during the treatment so far, I drink ALOT of water though, almost a gallon a day, I don't know, maybe you can try that out, based on my experience if you drink a crapload of water, you just might not have to moisturize...

I only use the cetaphil moisturizing lotion for my arms now and then...

sorry if I didn't help much but why are you going on accutane again? did you start breaking out again?

whats up dude, your progress pictures were one of the reasons I went on accutane, I just started my 4th month and the progress is pretty much as good as yours so I guess I wanna thank you for inspiring my progress, lol, or at least posting your pictures to show your progress

the funny thing with me is that I haven't had to moisturize my face at all during the treatment so far, I drink ALOT of water though, almost a gallon a day, I don't know, maybe you can try that out, based on my experience if you drink a crapload of water, you just might not have to moisturize...

I only use the cetaphil moisturizing lotion for my arms now and then...

sorry if I didn't help much but why are you going on accutane again?  did you start breaking out again?

I would suggest a cream over a lotion. Supposedly the lotions dry your skin out, and creams actually lock in the moisture. I'm break out right now and I'm in week 5. That is rather of odd, I would think. Oh well..I'm hoping it is just a hormonal fluctuation or something. Good luck finding a cream. I just now realized today that I have some scarring. It is hardly noticeable, but when I am close enough I notice it. I wonder if microdermabrasion would help it after the accutane treatment....

well im useing nuetrogena spf 15 oil free, non pore clogging moisturizer fora couple weeks, but it seems like i get new acne when i use it could it cause breakouts? its not supposed to? hmmm sigh im worried that it might be causing them but i have to use some sort of moisturizer.....

The term non-comedoginic is relative. What it means is it is not as comedoginic as normal moisturizers.

If do a google search of comedoginic oils you will see macadamia nut oil, almond oil etc (stuff that is there in cetaphil) on the bottom of the scale while vegetable oil, cocoa butter etc on the top of the scale.

So while cetaphil will not clog pores for most of the ppl, a very acne prone person might still breakout with it. Same as with cocoa butter , no acne guy will ever use but a normal person can bathe in it but still not get a breakout smile.gif

I face the same problem, I started tane a couple of weeks ago.

I have switched to olay complete from cetahpil, cas olay complete does not seem to have any oil, so sounds promising. I do not care if it is less effective a moisturizer, I will apply it more often, but I am convinced myself that cetaphil moisturizer(green bottle) did cause some breakouts for me.

There were a couple of threads about it in the last 2 days, you can look it up for more info...

Hope this helps...

i use some generic brand of the green cetaphil , and it doesnt even say non comegenic on it. i have been off accutane for 3months , so the only thing i'd been using was cetaphil bar , and i didnt experience any breakouts, just a few small pimps here and there. im back on accutane now though, i took my first pill yesterday, maybe my last , im still deciding.

yo Dalsor, what happened after you finished tane and how long did it take before the breakouts started coming again?? also how old are you and are the new breakouts equally as severe as before?

yo Dalsor, what happened after you finished tane and how long did it take before the breakouts started coming again?? also how old are you and are the new breakouts equally as severe as before?

After I finished tane I was completely clear...but had a lot of red marks. Those have faded a lot in the past three months. I turned 18 on Oct 8th...and the breakouts are NOWHERE as bad as before. Accutane permanently shrinks the sebacious glands a little so even if it comes back it's better.

so will the red marks left after accutane eventually become un-noticable after a while if you wait it out?

Guest Craigems

Dude, why are you going on tane again? I saw your pics in the albums and your skin looked magnificent after the tane. Did it start coming back? Is it better or worse than before? Sorry to be hounding you with questions. I hope that your second treatment goes smoothly smile.gif All the best and if you need any support, we're here for you smile.gif

Try DML facial moisturizer, or eucerin with AHA.

Both of these in my opinion moisturize more effectively than cetaphil, and both look less greasy to me at the end of the day.

The cetaphil lotion seriously feels like a layer of GLUE on my face, and I always broke out more while on it.

DML comes in a little tiny pink tube, and it has an acid in it that works similarly to AHA, which helps the dry skin slough off and keep your pores unclogged.

DML is less greasy looking than eucerin, which in turn is even less greasy looking than cetaphil.

Just my 2 cents, dont shoot me!

-Eric

Purified Water, Polyglycerylmethacrylate (and) Propylene Glycol, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, PEG-5 Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Dimethicone and Dimethiconol, Cetyl Alcohol, Sweet Almond Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Lactic Acid, .

The thing im questioning is Lactic Acid...will it irritate my skin?

On my last cycle I used Cetaphil lotion(in green bottle) I think it may have contributed to some breakouts, and it was way to greasy. I found Oil of Olay complete spf 15 to be really nice...but not moisturizing enough. I'm now looking at the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream...

Yeah, I was looking on the Eucerin with AHA, it looks good...but will it be too irritating for my skin once on accutane? Also, to answer everyones questions. Yeah...I was sooooooooo clear at the end of accutane, i loved it. But yeah, about 3 months after...actually right now I broke out, and I just coincidentally had my derm apt around that time. He saw my breakout...and just wrote me the scrip no questions asked. The pictures can be seen on my journal...i'll update my gallery with the pics soon. ^^ I'm still happy with my first course of tane...it changed my life for the better ^^

Hey guys! Nearly every moisturizer has failed for me by either clogging my pores, being too greasy or just irritating my skin in general. I've learned that by drinking excessive amounts of water and following up with Evening Primrose Oil keeps my skin pretty supple and moist without having it feel greasy or sting.

I have done some research and found several (expensive) oil-free moisturizers at Sephora.Com such as Doctor's Dermatologic Formula Ultra-Lire Oil Free Moisturizing Dew - - don't you just love the way that sounds.....Murad Skin Perfection Lotion; Anthong Logistics for Men Oil-Free Moisturizer; Peter Thomas Roth Oil-Fee Moisturizer; Sea Silk Moisturizer; etc.

Although I've never tried any of these products, they might be worthwhile for people who haven't had great luck with over-the-counter moisturizers.

I just want one that has vitamin C in it. most of what i've found w/vitamin C isn't oil free. I found this stuff at Target of all places, that focuses on having vitamin C and it says its 'good for all skn types' but we all know what a load of crap THAT is. Anyways, it has essential oils in it, and evening primrose oil, green tea extract and some other stuff... I don't konw a whole lot about ingredients - are any of these pore clogging?

I just want one that has vitamin C in it.  most of what i've found w/vitamin C isn't oil free.  I found this stuff at Target of all places, that focuses on having vitamin C and it says its 'good for all skn types' but we all know what a load of crap THAT is.  Anyways, it has essential oils in it, and evening primrose oil, green tea extract and some other stuff... I don't konw a whole lot about ingredients - are any of these pore clogging?

Moisturizers on tane is really a no-win situation for many.

You have the powerful oil based moisturizers which can contribute to your breakouts and you have the equall powerful AHA based ones which do not have any oil but then they cannot be used while on tane.

Those who still use it are taking a big risk while in tane IMO.

I found olay line (complete, mositurizing cream etc) to be the best so far after reading some posts in some similar threads here, since they have neither oil nor AHA, do not feel that greasy.

I am using it only for a couple of days now, will update you guys on how well it goes, I am also going to show it to my derm tomorrow and ask him if any of the ingredients there can mess up the skin...

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=b...asin=B0002MQLWM

This is what I would really like if i could afford it. I was told that vitamin C oxidizes so just taking it from a capsul doesn't work. Origin's moisturizers are all packed with Vitamin C and I was there the other day but didn't have time to read through them all, they were relatively in expensive. A serum which is a higher concentration - just for my spots - would be nice too. My best friend who is an esthitician suggested I use topical vitamin C on my blemishes while they are in their healing phase to help avoid scars and stuff. if ANYONE knows of a good one please let me know because this one is awefully pricey to just 'try out'.

Right now, im still using silly old cetaphil. I thought about trying the Olay Total effects (which has vitamin c in it) because one girl on here says she loves it, but it is also pricey for me right now.

Moisturizers on tane is really a no-win situation for many.

You have the powerful oil based moisturizers which can contribute to your breakouts and you have the equall powerful AHA based ones which do not have any oil but then they cannot be used while on tane.

Those who still use it are taking a big risk while in tane IMO.

I found olay line (complete, mositurizing  cream etc) to be the best so far after reading some posts in some similar threads here, since they have neither oil nor AHA, do not feel that greasy.

I am using it only for a couple of days now, will update you guys on how well it goes, I am also going to show it to my derm tomorrow and ask him if any of the ingredients there can mess up the skin...