Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jackiechan24

Done with Accutane!!

All clear. Face is no longer oily. 5 month course with 40mg the first month and 60mg the rest of the way out. I had a big initial breakout during the 3rd week and it didnt go away until the end of the 2nd month. Around the 3rd month I was all clear. Haven't had a pimple since. My acne was mostly cystic and I had a bunch of blackheads around my nose. The blackheads went away quick, maybe 2 weeks into it. Now all I have are redmarks and hyperpigmentation to worry about but it's not so bad. I'm glad I took Accutane. My only side effects were dry lips, dry skin, and dry nose but no nosebleeds.

That is exactly the kind of news I want to hear. You are giving the rest of us so much hope!!! Thanks for posting and I wish you clear skin in the New Year and for the rest of your life! eusa_clap.gif

If you find anything that helps with the hyperpigmentation post-Accutane, please let us know. There are a bunch of us with filled with desperation and red faces!