Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scooter93

Winter Weather

Hello All,

I've been on Dan's regimen for well over a year now with 100% results...until a month ago. In the last year, I've changed nothing - I still wash with Basis soap twice a day, thickly spread Dan's BP gel in the affected areas twice a day, let dry completely, use Cetaphil moisturizer, always wash between each thing I do, etc. About a month ago, my face started breaking out again even though I've changed NOTHING. Granted, the breakouts are less severe and heal a little faster than they would without the regimen; however, this is a drastic change to being completely acne free. The winter air is very dry, and I was wondering if that could have any affect on my situation.

In the meantime, I've continued doing everything exactly the same hoping that it will just get better on its own. This doesn't seem to be happening. My understanding of BP is that your skin or your body never "get used to it," meaning that if it was effective in the beginning it will always be effective. With that in mind, what's happening? Any ideas? I don't want to give up on this when I had such excellent results for so long. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I have also noticed a change in my skin since the winter years kicked in. My forehead is now my largest problem area and there are quite a lot of small spots braking out. I guess it doesnt help that i am outside for 9 hrs a day during the winter period which means that may face is subjected to all sorts of torture.

My problem is just the opposite: my skin is better in the colder months and worse in the summer months, or when it's very humid, regardless of the time of year.

I don't know what to do either, and I actually find the climate one of the most difficult parts of dealing with how much bp to apply, moisturizer, etc. It's a daily decision. No matter what I do, now matter how much bp I put on, sometimes, it just isn't as effective as at other times.

For what it's worth, bp is still the most effective treatment for me, and I've been using it for nearly a quarter of a century.