Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ylem

skin stretching

I have determined that the only way I am able to get the huge saucer shaped acne scar depressions on my left cheek to disappear is by stretching the skin there. Can this be done surgically without making my face look funny?

I thought for a long time that what I really needed was more like a face-lift than acne scar revision because by taking my finger and placing it against my temple, I could erase almost all of my scarring if I pulled up and back. There was a lot of "sag" to my skin. Pulling it taught seemed to erase my scars or at least improve them to a degree that I could live with.

That said, I went into punch floats and dermabrasion as a means to correct my ice pick, box car, and rolling scarring. The imperfection that responded the best (thus far) is the rolling scarring. I can't detect where my old rolling scarring used to be. The "sag" has been eliminated. It's given me a mini-face lift as my skin is generally tighter every where. I'm hoping this stays this way. Where I used to place my finger and pull up and back, I still can, but only about 1/4 of what I used to be able to pull. Trust me, I've tugged enuf on my face to remember it specifically. I was trying anything to reduce the appearance of my rolling depressions. Dermabrasion really seemed to help me in that area.

I remember reading somewhere that facelifts WILL NOT work for acne scarring. Apparently they don't have any effect, other than the effect it will have on your bank balance. confused.gif

I'll try and dig up the link.

it wouldn't involve a full facelift, but just a mere cheeklift for the desired improvement. I am referring to just removing a tiny slab of skin from the earlobe area and pulling the cheek skin over to cover the vacancy.