Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whtx

Accutane: What fruits/vegetables can I eat?

Im very conscious of overdosing on Vitamin A so I havnt eatten any fruits/vegetables for a long time. I think it was a very bad idea since i may be missing out on necessary vitamins. Im already taking vitamin E pills.

What fruits and vegetables can I eat to help my acne while on accutane? What should I avoid?

What do you guys think of bananas?

Thanks

My derm said to eat anything except vitamin A pills. He said even if vitamin A comes as part of your food diet that is fine, but not to take it artificially by pills.

So I eat everything that I was eating and have made no change.

whtx, you can eat as many vegetables as you want. The form of Vitamin A that is in vegetables is called Beta-Carotene. Ok I lied by saying it was a form of vitamin A, it's actually a precursor to Vitamin A, your body takes the Beta-Carotene and converts it into Vitamin A that your body can actually use as it needs it. So you can't really get too much Beta-Carotene from foods as your body just won't use it if it doesn't need it. Although, some foods like liver or some fish (i'm not entirely sure which fish, or if it's all of them because i'm allergic to fish and can't eat it anyways) actually cotain vitamin A so you can't eat too much of them.

Guest Craigems

Eat anything bud, Just dont have any vitamine A supplements ... otherwise you cant really overdose on V-A. Diet has how you want to eat whilst on the med.... it isnt a weight loss diet lol more just being cautious like dont eat too much maccas. meh like anyone would

As everyone stated above, you can pretty much eat anything (even if it does contain Vitamin A) as long as you don't take Vitamin A pills. Also, be careful because a lot of supplements contain Vitamin A and don't tell you.

Take Accutane with something fatty since it becomes a lot more effective that way. However, Accutane can cause cholesterol problems so don't overdo the fatty food thing.

I asked the exact same question before I started my course. I got the same answers you did, so I eat whatever I want and I am fine. You have to eat fruits and vegetables; they are really healthy for you, and your body needs good nutrition right now. Go make yourself some spinach and have an apple!