Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
namrobi

Coconut oil after TCA Cross

I'm planning on doing a TCA cross soon. I was wondering for post TCA treatment, do you think it would be ok to used coconut oil as a carrier base with lavender oil and helichrysum oil drop added into it to help with the scar repair. Any response will be greatly appreciated!! Hope everyone a happy and safe New Year!!! biggrin.gif

I think it would be fine to use this. TCA CROSS responds well to moist healing, and coconut oil is reputed to have good healing properties. However, you may need to use something even more hydrating, such as neosporin or vaseline for the first few days to moisturise the scabs more fully.

Good luck.

Coconut oil was not used in the study. For information on specific topicals cosmeticscop.com - Dictionary is a great resource.

recently i went for Tca cross with a doctor. paid 300 USD. well one and a half week later, the scabs have mostly fell off....and i must say the improvements have been slight, 10% - 15% for some, only abt one or 2 marks showed good improvement, close to 50%. I dunno whether they will continue to improve, i certainly hope so. It's actually a rather simple procedure but USD 300 was I guess for peace of mind.

Thanks everyone for you replies!! I will definately look into it! I hope everyone's new year will be joyous and healthy!!!