Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi there,

For the last few months I have been using a combination of Clean and Clear products for mild to moderate acne. They are the C&C Blackhead Clearing Scrub with Salicylic Acid and the C&C Continuous Control Acne Cleanser with Benzoyl Peroxide. I get pretty good results from this in terms of acne, however recently I have seen a different problem.

My hair is naturally brown, however I have noticed that parts of my hair closest to the top of my face has been turning very light/blonde. I go out of my way to keep these washes away from my hair, but as they are washes you use around your entire face and I guess I haven't been careful enough.

I am assuming these are what are causing the bleaching, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this. It isn't horribly discoloring or anything, but I am looking to get my original color back. When I get a haircut will the discolored hair go away and things be fine, or are my roots bleached? (I have no clue how hair coloring, etc works) Will I need to purchase a hair coloring product of my original hair color? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah, I have dark brown almost black curly hair. So back a while ago I was using Oxy 10 face wash (nasty stuff in my opinion). So when you have curly hair it's kind of hard to keep the mop of hair out of my face, so now the front of my hair is almost completely blond. My friends have been telling me to stop bleaching my hair, too embarrassed to tell them the reason why its bleached....., so my advice would be to use a lil hair gel before you wash your face to slick back your hair.

Timychka