Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been on this website many times. Just like you looking for that one acne cure. I tried some, like the Regimen, which dried out my face, and Botchla's, and that made me get worse. Today my face is clear of acne, and the reason why is Proactiv. Please note that i am not endorsing proactiv. I have read that it has not worked for a lot of people, and at first it did not work for me, either. Proactiv is just like all other products stating just use this and it will work. However you need more than the three products they sell, you need the moisturizer. I tried using the Euricen AHA, but it made my skin oily, i already had enough oil, so i bought the proactiv moisturizer w/spf 15 and it worked. I use only four products of proactiv. Moisturizer with Spf 15 is the most important thing you put on your face. Did you know the Sun gives you pimples, and so does smog. Yea. I learned that all here, and in places where i would research acne to prevent it.

Look im a guy, and it is very hard for me to look at stores and buy acne products, it looks girly. No offense, girls. But its very embarrasing to do so. It seems as all the products are made for you rather than for guys.

Anyways here are some tips for GUYS that have gotten rid of my acne.

1. If you have Oily skin, wash your hair with a Dandruff shampoo.

I know i was like what the hell do i need shampoo for when, it is my facial skin that needs to stop producing oil. I dont know why, but dermatoligists reccomended it, i tried it, it worked.

2. First Shave then Wash. Shave with a shaving lotion that is non-comedogenic and is for sensitive skin. I know Edge makes one, and it has prevented Razor bumps and acne for shaving.

3. After shaving, do not dry your face, keep wet, and wash with whatever cleanser you have, and then pat dry.

4. Don't ever believe all those things that say non-drying. Make sure that the word alcholol is not on the ingredients because that will dry your face.

5. Use BP on pimples, SA really i think is bad for skin. It is a chemical that i believe ruins skin. BP only opens up pores to let oxygen clear up pimples.

6. Always use Sunscreen or then after you wash, tone, and whatever you do wont matter because your skin will be sensitive after all the chemicals you put on it, that the sun and smog will actually create more of your pimples, because it is not protected.

7. Last but not least, French fries do give you acne. If you did not know Salt aggravates acne. ITs a FACT. and guess what french fries have all over them, salt. Iodized salt. Too much salt is hard for the slow processing liver, and therefore creates more oil, and more acne. If you notice food gives you acne, dont eat it. I can't eat chocolate. But i have clear skin, and i have confidence.

P.S. Just because doctors havent found a connection between food and acne doesn't mean it doesn't exist. They have no proof of God, but i believe!

Allways nice when someone share his experiences.

I never heard of that Dandruff shampoo, is there other shampoo you would advice?

Allways nice when someone share his experiences.

I never heard of that Dandruff shampoo, is there other shampoo you would advice?

7.  Last but not least, French fries do give you acne.  If you did not know Salt aggravates acne.  ITs a FACT.  and guess what french fries have all over them, salt.  Iodized salt.  Too much salt is hard for the slow processing liver, and therefore creates more oil, and more acne.  If you notice food gives you acne, dont eat it.  I can't eat chocolate.  But i have clear skin, and i have confidence.

P.S.  Just because doctors havent found a connection between food and acne doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  They have no proof of God, but i believe!

Well it takes pimples 6 weeks to appear on the skin level. That means that even though your face may be clear, it may have pimples that are forming beneath the skin. I believe, and you dont have to agree, that eating French fries helps speed the process. No i dont believe, that if you eat a french frie, the next day you have acne, however that too much of it, can help promote acne.

I have been conducting a survey, i would to ask you, to give your answer, here is the question:

1. Is your finger, (the one in between your middle and pinky), bigger than your index?

Because that means you have more testorone in your body, or hormones, than an average person, and that may explain why you are more likely to get acne than other people.

The results are pending, i should post them in a week.

For Dandruff use Head & Shoulders, i think its the best, they also have it with conditioner for extra fullness, or classic shampoo.

I usually use the H&S Refresh or Extra Fullness.....I tried using the classic, and it felt like my hair wasnt clean. I also started to break out on my scalp when I used it. That is an interesting survey......mines bigger than my index.

Okay I dont have dandruff but I do have extremely oily skin mainly on my nose. So are you saying switching to H&S would clear that up?

Okay I dont have dandruff but I do have extremely oily skin mainly on my nose. So are you saying switching to H&S would clear that up?

Oils come from hair follicles, where you hair roots are. Since most of your hair is on your head you can prevent oily skin on T-Zone with a Dandruff Shampoo. I never have had dandruff either, but since i've used head and shoulders my oil production has decreased imensly.

Well it takes pimples 6 weeks to appear on the skin level.  That means that even though your face may be clear, it may have pimples that are forming beneath the skin. 

I was really surprised to hear that dandruff shampoo helps reduce oil production, if this is true im definitely gonna give it a shot. But i was just curious where this information came from. Is there an article or some doctor's website that i could read about. I don't doubt that it has worked for you guys but i'm just curious as to exactly how it works. Thanks.

Is this really true?

No wonder people have a hard time finding out what causes/worsens acne.

I've tried to draw links before to it myself, but it was no good. Maybe if I kept a journal of every single thing I did every single day, I could pinpoint if it's food that does it, or certain activities, and so forth. Because it seem like something definitely makes it worse. I can go a week without much new acne on my face, and then all of a sudden I break out all over.