Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wikka way

Does this sound like a good idea?

1) Shave using a single blade razor and foam

2) Apply 'Nivea after shave balm' to the skin and leave to dry

3) Then apply BP to the shaving area

I am 17 and have only moderate growth. I shave once a week or so (maybe more)

I simply can't work out whether my skin is most aggravated by shaving or by not shaving. I think it responds ok to regular shaving so I thought I might give this a go. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

See the thread I started on shaving... I don't think putting aftershave on acne-prone skin is a good idea. Also I'd recommend getting an electric shaver cause for me at least it causes much much less irritation to my skin. I always wait til right before I'm going to wash my face at night before shaving so I can make sure to clean whatever gunk it deposited on my face off directly after. I don't ever shave in the morning cause I'd rather not deal with the irritation it causes right when I wake up and besides having a little stubble on your face isn't that bad.

Seems to me that after I let my stuble grow for 3-4 days my acne starts to popup all over, then I shave and it breaks out a bit but the next day it goes away. So IMO if you shave in a way that causes less irritation more often your acne will be better overall. I find having hair (half cm or longer) on my fair causes alot of irritation and I get alot of tiny whiteheads.

Strange, when I let my facial hair grow out I seem to get less acne. Weirder yet, I almost never get zits where the hair grows... cheeks, chin, jaw, sideburns and upper lip. My worst places for getting acne is mostly right under my lower lip, the place right under my eyes, and my upper cheekbones. On a positive note today is the first day in months that I don't have a single active pimple on my face. I also have not picked at it for about that long, so hmmm? What does that say! Now I can only hope that it stays nice and clear like this forever and ever (yeah right) doubt.gif