Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LiLPrincess831

Diet for acne.. ( eating less junk food..)

ok i need to go on a diet for my acne. I know that means not eating as much and eating healthy foods.( even tho i LLOOVVEE junk food im ok with that) but herez the thing. I know not eating all that crap will make me get thinner and im finally gaining weight and i have curves. i dont want to loose them. i just want my acne to go away.are their high fatty foods that r also good for your skin.i kno i must sound like a dumb ass but seriously..lol thanx..

ok i need to go on a diet for my acne. I know that means not eating as much and eating healthy foods.( even tho i LLOOVVEE junk food im ok with that)  but herez the thing. I know not eating all that crap will  make me get thinner and im finally gaining weight and i have curves. i dont want to loose them. i just want my acne to go away.are their high fatty foods that r also good for your skin.i kno i must sound like a dumb ass but seriously..lol thanx..

That's what I'm trying to figure out myself. I've managed to not loose weight so far, but I WOULD like to gain weight ;-) From other's, including the school nutritionist, you NEED to eat more calories in order to gain weight (breakfast is something I rarely ate even before changing my diet). The thing is, not only is healthy food more costly (for some), but it's also automatically LOWER in calories. ;-) Which mean's you'll have to eat 1.5 - 2x or more healthy food to get your calories.

When I eat salads, I can eat a lot of salad, but what slows me down is if I add in some olives, animal protein, avocado (considered a meat some places and is high calorie) pickles, etc. I suppose eating more nuts, seeds, avocado, animal protein, and if you are eating certain grains this should do it. In fact Buckwheat Farinetta (not a grain) and Hemp Seed are sources of protein you may want to look into. Otherwise, I don't know. I kinda take it one step at a time and keep little notes so that I'm aware of what my next challenge is (gaining some weight is one of them). I think that if you live near a Co-op or CSA (community or groups that purchase fruits, vegetables, herbs, grains, etc in shares for LESS money & supports local farmers) this should also help you out in eating healthier.

A healthy diet and you guy's acne diet combined makes gaining expensive and bulky. Just regular bulking with healthy foods but foods you guys don't like can be cheap and you don't have to eat as much as you think, especially girls.

I make due fine getting in 4000calories a day without eating crap. You just have to eat things like natural peanut butter and the like. Of course if you're goal isn't muscle than you don't have to eat the meat, which is the most expensive part and is almost a necessity to getting 1gprotein per lb you weigh. Just get your protien from other sources like sweetjade said.

Eat salads for your health, don't expect to gain weight with it, even if you add a bunch of nuts and olive oil. If you eat breakfast, eat a large one as eating only an apple and a small cup of yogurt will start your metabolism and those calories will be long gone by the time noon hits. Bulking and the acne diet don't go hand in hand, although you are a girl so you won't have to be nearly as serious about it as a guy wanting to build muscle.

I was going to build you a list of healthy, cheap foods but I don't know if you follow the mindset others here do that thigns like whole wheat pasta, peanut butter and the like are bad for acne.

i used to eat alot of healthy food or sometimes not eat but still i broke out and right now im just eating pizza and hamburgers but than again every one is different