Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LiLPrincess831

Diet for ance

can someone please give me like their "diet plan" of what they eat ( or dont eat) in one day to help their skin .i know processed foods are bad. and i pretty much know what not to eat. but give me some ideas of healthy meals that acturlly taste good. thanx...

I recommend using nutritious, natural ingredients in your meals. Rather than give you specific, detailed recipes, I recommend you create your own, since everyone has their individual preferences. Here's a partial list of nutritious ingredients for meals and snacks:

apples

pears

dates

raisins

oranges

limes

lime juice

lemons

lemon juice

nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts)

sunflower seeds

carrots

broccoli

spinach

cabbage

potatoes

yams

tomatoes

salmon

turkey

cheese

eggs

skim milk

brown rice

corn

oatmeal

whole-grain pasta and bread

beans

peas

peanuts

onions

garlic

mushrooms

olives

olive oil

sea salt

peppers

green tea

Some may argue with some of the above items, such as the skim milk. However, I've found that the small amount I add to tea or oatmeal does not cause me any problems. The gluten in wheat appears to cause acne in some people. I think it's important to avoid foods and drinks that contain added sugar or corn syrup. Read labels. Instead of sugar, I sweeten oatmeal by adding raisins. The above list is a good starting point. I'm sure others can add to it.

For me, fresh fruits and vegetables, fish, and no dairy!

I avoid fatty and processed meats as well, but not religiously. Refined sugars I also tend to avoid, but that's mainly because I don't have anything resembling a sweet tooth!

Guest OnlyJoe

yeah no dairy, and drink water.

ive found no connection between spicy foods and acne though.

Gluten is a wheat protein -- if you've ever made homemade bread, it's the protein that develops as you knead the dough, making it more elastic.  The more elastic dough is better able to hold the bubbles produced by the yeast as they develop, so it makes for light fluffy bread (if you've ever tried a gluten free bread, you'll immediately see the difference between that and normal bread).

Gluten is found in most wheat products -- bread, most pastas (unless they say gluten-free) -- and is also found in some processed foods (if it affects you, check the labels).  Because of the chewy texture, gluten is also used in some veggie meat substitutes -- there's a faux duck product you can buy in the UK that is entirely made of gluten and spices (and it is grim grim grim to eat, I've tried it out of curiosity)

red apples, apples = antioxidants.. i eat 3 a day, usually later in the day.. like 6 pm to clear all the junk i ate before.. works well..