Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gwen

BP gel, diet and steaming!

Hi.

After years of trying everything on the market I have noticed that BP gel really is the only thing that really works. The only downside is that it makes my skin really red and sometimes flaky. Wearing BP gel and moisturizer at the same time doesn't work for me, so I use BP gel at night and moisturizer in the morning. If there are spots I will apply the BP gel to the spot in the morning and use moisturizer on the rest of my face. This works very well.

I have also noticed that drinking herbal cleansing teas will improve skin as well. Drinking a cleansing tea at night before going to sleep really works for me and so does taking vitamin C supplements.

I am not sure if you know this but there is a website where this guy Jimmy is promoting special diet that guarantees clear skin. You have to pay to download all of the chapters. I did this last year, as I was going to get married and I was desperate for my skin to improve. I went on his crazy diet (which cuts out almost all food apart from fruit and vegetables!!) and it helped a little but not a lot. Probably because it was very difficult to keep up because I have to cook for my husband as well and preparing seperate meals all the time was getting difficult.

If you think you can pull this crazy diet (which mainly contains of eating as much fruit and veggies as you can, combined with drinking lemon-water and NO pasta, cereal or milk) then I would recommend it because it does seem to work. I think that if I had gone all the way with the diet, then my skin would have been completely flawless. But it will also result in losing weight and not everybody is happy with that.

So, apart from the diet, I would say that using BP gel as recommended in the regime, as well as taking vitamin C and drinking enough water and cleansing teas is the best thing you can do for your skin.

Using a face-sauna once a week is really good for your skin too! It literally gets rid of bacteria that is clogging your pores, if you steam your face for about 15 minutes you will have cleared your pores completely. Do this regularly (takes patience though, it gets very very hot) and spots will just die and never come back.

Ive recently starting steaming my face with a facial steamer my mum got me biggrin.gif

Ive decided to steam every other for 10 minutes, does that sound ok?

Ive ordered two tubes of BP gel, they shoud arrive shortly, i drink plently of water, and i take vitamin tablets.

I should be on better tracks then i am now, ive been to the doctor, ive been prescribed Zineyret, Tetracycline, and Minocyclin, and im using all sorts of facial cleansers and so on but it never works unfortunatly, and its only got worse.

Hows your skin now Gwen? smile.gif

Ive recently starting steaming my face with a facial steamer my mum got me  biggrin.gif

Ive decided to steam every other for 10 minutes, does that sound ok?

Ive ordered two tubes of BP gel, they shoud arrive shortly, i drink plently of water, and i take vitamin tablets.

I should be on better tracks then i am now, ive been to the doctor, ive been prescribed Zineyret, Tetracycline, and Minocyclin, and im using all sorts of facial cleansers and so on but it never works unfortunatly, and its only got worse.

Hows your skin now Gwen?  smile.gif

Yeh i would like to hear about the pillow theary, and ive started accutane now and sold my BP so ill let you know. doubt.gif

I steam my face 4-5 times a week!!

Also changing pillow cases 2 times a week is a good idea as well!!

I am not sure if you know this but there is a website where this guy Jimmy is promoting special diet that guarantees clear skin. You have to pay to download all of the chapters. I did this last year, as I was going to get married and I was desperate for my skin to improve. I went on his crazy diet (which cuts out almost all food apart from fruit and vegetables!!) and it helped a little but not a lot. Probably because it was very difficult to keep up because I have to cook for my husband as well and preparing seperate meals all the time was getting difficult.

------------------------------

Gwen,

do you still have this download ? I actually do not want to pay for it and cant either...dont have a Credit Card, but I would like to try it.

You think, you could post it here or email me ??

I would really appreciate it. biggrin.gif

Jo