Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pokeynoser

A day in the life of someone with acne=(

Hello, I will fill you in about myself, I am 13 years old and I have had my acne for a mere 5 months, I know not alot. I have a friend who has had it for like 3 years. It is very emotionally destroying, it dissolves your self-confidence and you become a social outcast because you are embarassed and shy about it. I got my acne in August, I thought nothing of it because I have had a few zits in my life, mostly big ones that go away soon, but now its horrible. It still isn't engulfing my face but acne is acne is acne. I have tried a few products, one was "Clean and Clear Advantage Acne Cleanser." I thought it was working then BAM I woke up and my eye was swollen from it, it dried the sh*t out of my face and yea... Its no good don't waste your moolah on it, it sucks a donkey penis... Any who I would really like to talk to someone who has acne as well... I will be here to give support and hopfully recieve it as well... Please post, and thank you.

Guest Zitro

hey, in this site you could get all the information you need to find products for acne. I would advise you to get clear and prevent acne before the teenage years occur and before acne gets worse.

A cleanser may not be enough, try to combine a cleanser to benzoil peroxide (or the regime in this site)

You could also get facials (a professional physically removing your pimples and whiteheads).

Acne can be very damaging, I hope you don't have to endure it during several years like I did (I'm 17, got it since 11). Also, Remember that the best cure for acne scars is prevention.

Talk to your parents/family about it, let them know how you feel and about wanting to prevent acne before it gets worse.

advantage is one of the best cleansers.. your skin just needs to get used to it.. i remember when i tried vinegar, i diluted it 50/50 and it still burned.. now i use 100% vinegar

I would highly recommend trying Dan's Benzoyl Peroxide method. Make sure to be strict about it!

If you don't see any results after a month or so, you might want to talk to your parents about seeing a dermatologist. This is nothing to be ashamed of! I remember when I was 15 and asked my parents about getting help, I thought the conversation would be extremely uncomfortable. They were very understanding though, and I'm sure your parents would be as well.

As for your confidence, I know exactly what you're talking about. It's helped me to remember that in the grand scheme of things, worrying about your acne can only make things worse. I know it's hard, but I just try to live my life normally without thinking about my face during the day.

Treat it NOW. Mine started at 13, I started to treat it right away, and at the time my parents thought I was wierd when it was only a few spots, but I think it paid off, and now my mom says, good job, you have hella clear skin unlike some ppl smile.gif treat it right away, dont leave it, thats how it becomes worse smile.gif

I don't know, if acne wants to stay, it will stay. Get a good cleanser and BP. But don't throw too much money at it. DOn't pick too much, you will regret it!

dont pick at all, my bro told me to pick when i was little.. and now i got redmarks.. of course he didnt get acne when he was a kid

fucked up

pokeynoser, it sounds like u had an allergic reaction to the clean and clear advantage cleanser. make sure you know what ingredients are in there. when iwas your age i started using benzol peroxide and it cleared my face but as the days passed i noticed my skin becoming swollen and itchy and red. then like you one morning i woke up and my eyes were swollen shut! soo painful!

i cant use bp since i somehow developed an allergic reaction to it. but there are other ways to clear up your acne. i use cetaphil as a cleanser and dilluted apple cider vinegar diluted w/water as a toner ,and moisturize with oil of olay. they are oil free, and non comegodnic wont clog pores and have spf. are only about 6bucks at target.

just check ur ingredients from now on! hope that helps wink.gif

jane