Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
happy*gal

12.5% TCA CROSS

Another user on this board told me that she used the cross method using 12.5% tca on her scarred pores and they have gone away completely (after 2 treatments, i believe) has anyone else tried cross with 12.5% with success?

I have never performed TCA CROSS on myself, but I'm pretty sure that people usually get most benefit from using upwards of 50% TCA. TCA peels are usually of around 12.5%, but as you probably know, peels are very different to the CROSS method.

Which user was it who reported this success with 12.5%?

i believe it was sweetjoy. my scars are pretty shallow and i wanted to try the lower % because i did a 100% cross on a scar on my leg and 6 months later the scar looks the same and it is purple. so i don't want to try that high of a percentage on my face. (i don't really care about my leg) So, being that my scars are shallow, do you think this could yield any improvement? thanks!!

Hmm. I'm not the best one to ask seeing as I've never done one. I think you'd be best to start with 50% TCA personally - I don't think 12.5 will give any significant results with the CROSS method.

However, if your scars are very shallow, if you do a 12.5% TCA peel, this might give you good results? Or you could look into microdermabrasion/needling. TCA CROSS is quite a risky treatment so I'd be tempted to look into other treatments if your scarring is quite shallow.

eusa_think.gif

I think some of the other CROSSers such as animegirle and Oursfan will be able to offer better advice. smile.gif

Thanks for your replies Rossignol....i think i will look into needling. i've done microderm and cool touch and they both did squat. i think i will try one scar with the 12.5% and see how it goes. you cant even really see it unless you go really close to my face.

I think that's a good idea - if you start with the 12.5% then at least you won't be risking making any scars worse, and you may see some improvements.

Let us know how you get on. smile.gif

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Try 25% FIRST. With 50% you don't have that much margin for error.