Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello! I am new to the forum but have been suffering from acne for 4 years (i am now 23). I think my acne is morderate and primarily on my chin (hormonal). My face is sometimes clear for months then errupts really bad, but recently it has been consistantly broken out with a few small pimples on my chin. I am starting a new system and was hopeful to recieve some feedback or advice. Here is my plan:

Morning: Drink green/white tea with 2 oz. aloe vera juice and 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil. Take 50 mg of sipro. Splash water on my face and apply 15SPF Epicurien Skin Renewal.

Afternoon: Drink lots of water take 1000 mg of Biotin and a Womens 1 A Day vitiman.

Evening: Drink lots of water, take 50 mg of sipro and Yasmin b/c. Wash face with Ponds Dramatic Results cleanser wait 10 minutes apply finacea gel 15% (similar to alxec acid).

Once a week I use Netrogena glycolic peel for 15 minutes (it exfoliates and imporves texture and red spots from previous breakouts, I hope).

I try to eat only organic and unprocessed and not drink soda or coffe (somedays I am good some very bad) and drink tons of water.

I have been on Yasmin for 3 months (it is great no weight gain or moodiness, but havent noticed its effect on my skin) Finacea gel for 2 months ( i had a bad inital breakout cry.gif but gonna stick with it as it seems to be improving. I will report back soon and please let me know if you have tried a similar system. THANKS!!! biggrin.gif

Okay so I have been taking 100mg of sipro in addition to yasmin and fineca gel and so far so good! My break outs are diminishing and I have only gotten a few (2) new spots on my chin that have been threatening to erupt for about a month, so maybe the sipro is bringing them to surface? No bad side effects from the sipro so far aside from a little extra dryness which I conteract with a small drop of Biotherm Source therapy ( great stuff!!) but I am in Washington state for the holidays (as opposed to LA, my home, so that may account for the extra dryness?)

Also I have noticed since being on the fineca gel, I have these tiny spots of red (like a pinprick) does anyone know if discoloration will go away?? eusa_think.gif

Thank you

Amy ~ Very cool to hear of your regimen. I just read that book by Dr. Perricone. I'm pretty skeptical since most of what I read of him on the internet wasn't great, but figured changing my diet to be healthier anyway couldn't hurt. He also recommends green tea and flaxseed oil along with many other foods. He says to avoid coffee...problem is I'm a total coffee addict, there is no way I could give it up, at least at this point in my life. Anyway, now I'm off topic..was the flaxseed oil expensive? I would be interested to hear how this regimen works for you.

Hi! I did the Perricone prescription about a year ago and found some of the information helpful. I gave up coffee and soda and ate more salmon, canalope, spinach and nuts and drank only green tea and water. I noticed some improvement, nothing as dramatic as he promised, but a little less redness and better skin texture. However, this diet is sooo expensive and hard to maintaine!!! I only stuck with it for about 2 weeks, now I just use parts of the plan like no coffe or soda, drink lots of water, eat nuts and salmon as much as is avalaible to you and take a multi-vitiman suplimented with bition, CQ-10, and flax seed oil (you can get at target for $6). I would recomend not buying any of his products or vitimans as I spent over $400 on his topicals and vitimans alone. Buy Olay skin multi-vitiman same thing and about $60 cheaper.

I thought that I wouldn't be able to give up coffee either (I drank 3 cups a day and 2 nonfat lattes every day), but the lure of his promise really helped me quit cold turkey and as it turns out green tea is way more tasty and energizing and helps a little bit with inflamation. My advise is to take whatever bits and pieces you can from the book, but on the whole it was a lot of money and time spent for minimal results. Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

PS: I love your journal, very inspirational! And sorry for my spelling biggrin.gif

Amy ~ you sure have the right of it there. I consider myself fairly savvy in the kitchen and I hadn't even heard of some of the ingredients in his 'diet'. That and the things he was saying to eat aren't cheap! I'm a fulltime student and I knew there was no way I'd be able to afford to eat any of his stuff, let alone find time to cook that. It sounded like hours in the kitchen every night!! Lame! I went to his website to look at the vitamins he sold, I was appalled at his prices! He must think everyone with acne makes as much money as he does! Anyway...I think I will try to start incorporating Green Tea into my diet, I have always enjoyed the flavor. Thanks for the advice about the vitamins and stuff, I don't know if I'll end up getting any, mostly because of $$. I'm giving Spiro another 3 months, but then if I'm still having problems I'll probably be so desperate I'll spend more on that stuff...I'll be working then so it won't be so hard to pay for it. THanks again for writing, best of luck to you!

I noticed some improvement, nothing as dramatic as he promised, but a little less redness and better skin texture. However, this diet is sooo expensive and hard to maintaine!!! I only stuck with it for about 2 weeks