Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys biggrin.gif (Hope i've posted in the right place!)

Recently i've become very aware of my pores. For some odd reason i've become completely OBSESSED with them wacko.gif They actually tend to upset me a lot more than the pimples i get! I've had mild to mildy moderate? acne for about 6 years(I turn 20 this year). Diane cleared up my skin for a while when i was younger, but i can't remember how it affected my pores, if it did at all!

Anyway, up until a year ago or whatever, i didn't notice my pores. Whether this was because i wasn't paying close enough attention or because my pores were actually smaller back then (a beautician told me i had small pores when i was 15...guess that's the same with all 15 year old though, right?), i'm not sure!

Anyway, all i know now is that my pores are definitely not anywhere close to being invisible (not that i care, just want them smaller!) when in bright natural or artificial light. Oh, many are also clogged up with oil as i have very oily skin! evil.gif

So, to my questions! biggrin.gif Was just wondering....

a) since birth control pills help regulate oil production (i think?), would a consequence of this be smaller pores?

B) Does following a really healthy diet and a detox thingy help with pores/congestion?

Ok, i'm pretty sure that's it! eusa_dance.gif I know i'm being completely petty...makes me feel really guilty as i know that others have it a lot worse than me. cry.gif But, like i said, for whatever reason, it's really getting to me...i can't really help it eusa_shifty.gif

TIA for taking the time to read this and possibly, your help! smile.gif

Feel free to use this thread to post questions of your own!

I'll be sure to begin posting advice in other threads once i've learnt a bit/ have discovered some cool products/remedies etc! eusa_dance.gif

Amy

Guest Brandon

It's my belief that the size of pores can not be changed.

Guest Brandon

Pore refining cream? Honestly, I don't know. I'm sorry, kitten.

my pores are really really bad. I mean, black manholes. I had severe acne for 8 years, so thats why..

Anyway, I have asked on here a few times and the replies are generally say that accutane helps, and using b5 shrinks pores and reduces oil. But both options arn't available or practical for me.

I think i read somewhere that pores generally cannot be changed. Pores have no muscle or anything so they can't be tightened in that respect.

But oil is a big problem, they get clogged and basically become larger and larger. Pores normally get bigger as you grow older, but I must have the pores of a 200yr old.

Byz

mine get smaller and bigger all the time. i think it might be 2 do with oil production? at least they appear smaller and bigger neways

I have a ton of identically shaped 'holes' on the bridge of my nose that I just started noticing a few years ago. Is that what you mean by your pores being visible?

Always thought it was a little strange since i've never had any acne on my nose, yet they look kind of... ugly.

Not sure what they are exactly, but I guessed they were pores except I never thought they would be that big.

But oil is a big problem, they get clogged and basically become larger and larger. Pores normally get bigger as you grow older, but I must have the pores of a 200yr old.

Guest Brandon

The baking soda is an exfoliant, so it will be a cheap scrub for blackheads. But, I'm not sure about actually shrinking pores or their appearance. I never noticed that.

As I said, the results I see from baking soda could be only in my head. wink.gif Sometimes I just have to do something to make myself feel better about the problem. And, hey, if I can imagine it works why not. ninja.gif Just don't tell me it doesn't really. I'll go crazy trying to find something else to use. tongue.gif

But the foundation really did work. People I knew commented on the difference.

Guest Brandon

Well, there's always water. Drink lots and lots of water.

You guys are absolute angels biggrin.gif

Thank you all very much for your advice, will definitely be looking into things! smile.gif

Went to the doctor yesterday and told her that my mild acne (which is constant and mostly on my chin/jawline) has been making me very self-conscious.

She was great! She was like 'Right! Lets clear it up and get you feeling better about yourself! 2005 is going to be a great year!' biggrin.gif

She also explained (like many have) that it is a lot more obvious to me than it is to others...i know it;s hard to believe though, guys!

Yeah, foundation makes my skin actually look pretty nice! Smooth and stuff! I use the loreal liquid one atm, i love it! Prob the best i have tried so far smile.gif Will look into that clinique one, though! smile.gif

Oh, got off track a bit! The doc prescribed me minomycin (50mg, twice a day) and diane (which helped SO much first time 'round) smile.gif

Haven't started the pill yet, but so far i'm extremely impressed with the mino! After just 2 tablets, all my pimples have begun drying up! God, this must be pretty potent stuff! Also, i thought id feel a lot sicker on it than i currently do as i think my stomach is pretty weak! I do feel a bit icky in my stomach, but nothing i can't handle! smile.gif

I'm aware that you become immune to antibiotics after time, but i'm hoping that by the time that time comes around, the pill will have things under control smile.gif I'm also going to adopt a pretty damn strict diet as of...tomorrow (hopefully!) I went to a naturopath a month ago and she reckons the condition of my skin is to blame on my really shitty diet...worth a shot! smile.gif

This is interesting, guys...i wonder what actually constitutes a BIG pore? Like, our pores might not be 'tiny', but maybe they are just like 'normal'? Not actually MASSIVE or whatever confused.gif

Anyway, it would be really nice if we could keep this thread alive! Just for general acne chit-chat or whatever smile.gif It's been a pleasure hearing for you all! Will keep everyone updated on how things go with the mino/diane/diet thing! Oh yes, will also check out all the pore stuff and let ya know what works for me (if anything!) smile.gif

Take care of yourselves! I hope that soon i will be able to be one of the people who gives advice! smile.gif

Guest Brandon

I've never seen so many smilies in one post. surprised.gif

Haha, only realised that after i posted it! Was a bit surprised.gif myself!

I'm quite a smiley person smile.gif

Hope this doesn't piss you all off toooo much! eusa_shifty.gif