Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
manolis_04

Im tryin the sea salt,cotton pad thing today!

hey although my acne isnt really that anymore because i been keepin to a strict diet, the other week i developed a cyst jus in the bone part of my skin inbetween my eyes. it hasnt turned into a white head yet so i am goin to try the salt cotton pad method. today i have jus put the cotton pad on the cyst and it does seem to be stickin...and it kinda stings too... well da point of this is that i hope that deville is still around coz she seemed to have success with this regime and i wanna keep u guys tuned with my results.

I tried this method last week! I had one cyst on my cheek and a couple coming out on my chin..(been REALLY stressed lately). This method worked really well! The cysts on my chin dissapeared and the one on my cheek is fading fast. Also- non irritating. smile.gif

hey i wanted to no if this works effectively without the vinegar and tea tree? can u just use the salts on their on there own? i took off the pad today and it has strunk but hasnt turned into a white head. but then i noticed that i had a air hole...does the pad have to be cmpletely stuck to the spot? and what salts, vinegar and tea tree are u lot using and what ratio is ur mixture?

Well I didnt use sea salts...just good old fashioned epsom salts..

You make a highly concentrated mixture of salt and water...rip apart some cotton balls (until they arent really a ball but kinda a spread apart "mesh" so to speak) and soak em in the salt water..then stick the cotton to your face and let it sit there till the balls dry and the salt recystalizes..then peel them off gently and rinse your face with warm water. I find the salt to really speed up the drying/healing process..

How often in a day do you do this? Do you just put on your face like normal after you wash off the salt? Would using a small face towel be just as effective as the cotton balls?