Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i am so sick of life. acne is killing me so hard.

i haven't left my house in over six months now, or seen my friends ,or anything.

what's sickening is everything i've given up. i've given up masturbation and dairy because they were causing it.

AND i've been on accutane in for two months. it just keeps coming. it won't stop.

christmas was just recently. i didnt even want to see my own family, i don't even want to see myself. i don't know what i can possibly do now to get rid of it.

why does it all have to be so unfair. why should i even bother. im just costing my parents money, eating food that could be going to people who do something productive. breathing air that could be used on something else, im wasting electricity by even typing this.

someone offer me some kind of solution. something. was i born to be this way?

Guest Brandon

The path that leads to happiness for you is very long, windy and full of challenges. You're at a point in your life where you must stay strong no matter how bad it gets; you have to keep telling yourself that everything will ultimately work out for you...because it will.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway"

Obviously there's two things you can do.One is to discuss the possibility with your doc to increase the dosage or you can stay with what your going with now.From my experience as well as from what i've deduced from other's experiences is that in the early stages of accutane use, the acne can get worse or stay the same. The normal longevity of "tane" use is 6 months.You might want to give it another month before possibly increasing your intake. Are you experiencing the typical accutane side effects?

here this might help. Read this accutane journal in the link.It's very informative.There's also a link at the bottom of the page to access over a dozen accutane journals.As you know i'm sure,accutane dosage depends on your weight and the severity of your acne to name a few.It is feasible depending on your weight to increase it to 120(as the girl in the journal did)Just like you, she felt accutane was not doing her any good but it worked out for her in the end.

http://radio.weblogs.com/0119318/stories/2...Experience.html

Just curious - where did you get the information that mastrubation is causing your acne??? Is this something you assume or has someone actually told you this?

I can see dairy playing a part in it -if you are sensitive to it. But mastrubation? Sounds like a misinformed source - and an old wives' tale. No wonder you feel like crap eusa_doh.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest Brandon

People believe masturbation causes acne because it puts the hormones in wack and semen has a lot of zinc in it. Zinc helps to fight acne....something along those lines. I'm not sure how true this is though, that masturbation would cause it.

Anyway, fuck that shit, man. It sounds like you need to cut lose and jerk off. Ease the tension!

lol well put Brandon. As for Zinc... take a vitamin. I think you do a lot more damage to yourself by not uhhh... if you need to. And i DO know that stress CAN aggrivate acne.

Guest Brandon

heh yeah. Stress is one of the major factors in causing acne. Someone made a VERY good post a while back, about EVERYTHING that you should do to help prevent and treat acne. Diet, lifestyle, regimen, everything. I'll check for it sometime.

masturbation has been proven to not cause acne...this myth was started in the nineties to control the whole new trend of premarital 'petting.'

personally, you hiding out only gives you more time to think about depressing stuff. i kow how you feel. why not start doing something, even if it's a few hours weekly, to get your mind off it. any psychiatrist will tell you medicine can only cure so much. best of luck.

your body will use zinc for the body first, then whats left over is used, lol. Those mastubration threads annoy me.

Anyway, I know how you feel. I'm kinda in the same boat as me. I can't really face life right now, everything it falling apart.

Be strong, accutane is as good as it gets in regards to treatment. Hang in there, post on here, we will always be here... and welcome to the emo forum

Guest Zitro

Just like Brandon says , you'll have to take a difficult journey to become happy again, I fear. But if you put a lot of dedication and effort, you will finish that journey.

Try learning a skill or find a hobby you like to take your mind off of acne somewhat and later when the disease is over, you'll look back and be proud of what you have done. Examples can be my learning of various instruments, a member here bodybuilds, some may write poetry or draw art , anything ...

Be strong ... its not easy, but try to do everything you can to ease the pain of acne.

Welcome to the board. This forum is great for the sharing of feelings since everyone is very friendly and supporting here.

Guest Zitro

polkadots, please remove those thoughts of dropping your college classes, be strong and don't give acne a victory. Doing anything like that will only make things worse ... be a good student and you will have something to be proud of.

Try to find a way to ease the pain, man. I may not be on the same boat as you are, but I was in the past for a long time (includes early 2004). I was an severe acne sufferer. PM me or add me up in MSN if you need to talk, I'm there.

bah the way i see it life is a game... some people get the good cards like the good looks or the intelligence, talent in sumthing etc. some other people don't. but even if u dun have the good cards u can still play... its just harder to win... strange metaphor but remember that people care and see ur pimples a lot less than u do. I have to wear makeup on my red marks to go out just because of mild acne... mild acne's really mental and the way u handle it... anyways good luck.

If you're a guy, acne really doesnt matter much, at least in my experience all my guy friends really dont care, and ppl around dont care.

If you're a girl, put on makeup and go smile.gif HAVE FUN, DO SOMETHING TO GET AWAY FROM IT, find a hobby, do something, get out of the house, believe me, you arent as terrible as you think you are smile.gif

seriously everyone whos depressed listen up!

you really have to get out and start doing normal thing again - you cannot become or (if you have become) you cannot stay a recluse

loads of people have acne! just look at the amount of people on this site! u r not a freak! dont obsess over your acne that will only make it worse. go out with some friends have a good time and forget about it - it will go eventually!!!!

Lots of people have acne, but not severe. I get what you're saying about not letting it get to you, but 8+ years is too long for many of us. Tell me that people don't notice your acne and hate the sight of your face?

well chicken wing, you just gotta hang in there. Hopefully it will go away without leaving too many problems