Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lauramarie

TEA TREE OIL FROM THE BODY SHOP

hi all, i bought some TTO products from the body shop and would like to know if anyone has used them and if you liked them..i've been using them for about 2 days now and I really enjoy them!

I bought the TTO toner with Witch Hazel, the TTO face mask and the TTO blemish wand

happy new year!

Ive started TTO Facial Wash by Desert Essence, havent broken out anywhere else. seems to be working but slowly..

I have used The Body Shop TTO Blemish Pads and TTO Mattifying-Moisture Gel. The pads made my face feel good but weren't very effective. Perhaps I didn't use them for long enough but at $8 for 30 pads, I wasn't all that ready to go out and buy them again. As far as the Moisture Gel, it made my face sting and I stopped using it, however it did make my face less shiny.

For an answer to your question, aurelia, Tea Tree Oil is an antibacterial used to treat many skin infections like athelete's foot, acne, and many others. It has been credited as being as effective as Benzoyl Peroxide but slower at working. If you use 100% TTO, then it should only be used as a spot treatment. However, there are some gels, washes, etc. with TTO in lesser concentrations available that can be used all over your face. Here's a website with some of them- http://www.thursdayplantation.com/acne/

Hope that helps!

Thanks so much for the explaination. Does it do anything for the scaring or marks left from acne. I have the acne pretty much under control but I am combating these brown spots. BTW I am black if that matters...lol

Aurelai

Thanks so much for the explaination. Does it do anything for the scaring or marks left from acne. I have the acne pretty much under control but I am combating these brown spots. BTW I am black if that matters...lol

Aurelai

Tea Tree Medicated Gel

I can't find this product anywhere but online..

Even if it is online it is not the right product as the Thursday Planatation offers. When I looked it was some crap called "Fizit" Gel, but it was a roll on. This is a gel that they offer from TP. And the one Online stores and Herbel shops offer has SA in it. FK all that noise. To bad im not a aussie sad.gif . o O ( Can someone smuggle this for me? biggrin.gif)

Hey Xorcist,

Im in Aus and we got that Thursday Plantation gel, wash etc etc in practically every store. All the health shops and all the supermarkets and chemists. I tried the medicated gel but it didnt really seem to do much for me, and if it did it would take 4-5 days to get rid of one pimple. But im not sure if it was effective because i normally heal by myself while using nothing on a pimple for 4-5 days. Though it felt alot better then BP and dint leave that white residue crap.

well so far I do like the TTO stuff..it doesn dry out my skin but i have noticed an increas in small whiteheads on my face...but that seems to be going away..i'll keep you posted when i have more experience

Tea Tree Medicated Gel

I can't find this product anywhere but online..

Even if it is online it is not the right product as the Thursday Planatation offers. When I looked it was some crap called "Fizit" Gel, but it was a roll on. This is a gel that they offer from TP. And the one Online stores and Herbel shops offer has SA in it. FK all that noise. To bad im not a aussie sad.gif  . o O ( Can someone smuggle this for me? biggrin.gif)

Thanks for taking the time to find those links for us junkeroos biggrin.gif

So which one would be better? You say the Fazit one has 100% and the other is 20%...

Thanks Mookiez for your reply, TTO does take a while to work, I see better results using TTO for 2 weeks then I do with BP in 3 weeks eusa_think.gif

tea tre oil alone not effective for acne healing, i use a mixture of tea tree, lavender, myrrh and german chamomile. this is good for reducing swelling and redness within a day, for both acne buried deep inside skin or on surface. i buy from a foreign site, pm me if interested .

Thanks for taking the time to find those links for us junkeroos  biggrin.gif

So which one would be better? You say the Fazit one has 100% and the other is 20%...

Thanks Mookiez for your reply, TTO does take a while to work, I see better results using TTO for 2 weeks then I do with BP in 3 weeks  eusa_think.gif

Thanks for taking the time to find those links for us junkeroos  biggrin.gif

Thanks Mookiez for your reply, TTO does take a while to work, I see better results using TTO for 2 weeks then I do with BP in 3 weeks  eusa_think.gif

oh yes, I'm not using Thursday Plantation's medicated gel right now because I thought I'd try Clari-T Acne Serum º5 from Earth Therapeutics which is a combination of TTO & 5% BP plus other botanical ingredients. Also available at Drugstore.com

user posted image

Below is a link about tea tree oil applied on face for acne:

http://gmuntz.tripod.com/ttoil.html

I was actually looking for a TTO or even BP that has Aloe vera in it to help moisturize the skin and here's what I found if you are interested:

http://www.dermatologistrx.com/cart/Search...p?Criteria=6656

http://www.skin-etc.com/skin-etc/tobegel5.html

http://www.westcoastorganics.com/pages/skin_care.htm

http://www.dermamed.com/product_details/na...gel/default.asp

http://seattleskincare.com/index.php?actio...135&ItemID=1567

DDF Brand is Top Brand name at Sephora's and it's pretty good i heard!!

I also use the Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil and also got a TTO Clay mask from there too!!

The mask looks like it can last for maybe 3 months so it's pretty good also i might be buying TTO from somewhere else cause the body shop charges a bit much for the TTO

So far i havne't seen progress but will be using it more to see!!

I have recently been using the Body Shop Tea Tree face wash. Ive been using it for about 2 weeks now and it doesnt dry my skin at all but since ive been using it my spots have seemed to form yellow heads which is disgusting and didnt happen as much when i wasnt using this cleanser. I dont know what percantage of tea tree is in the cleanser but it doesnt seem to be helping at all. I might try Thursdays Plantation Tea Tree soap.

After using BP for 1.5 years to no effect and finding SA is not helping much i've started using prducts with tea tree. I find it minimizes the size of spots and make them "come up" to a whitehead a lot quicker, but i don't konw about preventing.. However i find it makes my skin feel a little red although it doesn't dry me out and its far far better than the side effects of BP.

I've also tried using moisturizers which contain tea tree but i prefer moisturizers with SA...so i'll stick to using TTO....for now.

Well, so far...for me it had been killing the bacteria. But, also I use SA 2% on my regimen. To prevent new acne to form. It seems to be working. I'm pretty please by it.

I got this on TRADER'S JOES...

user posted image

This is the type I use. It seems to be doing the trick.

link----------->http://desertessence.com/

Well, so far...for me it had been killing the bacteria. Onn my right cheeck I have massive of cystic acne. And so far. It had been drying them out. I woke up and wash my face with my SA 2% cleanser and notice some of the cyst pop. I had to clean it and use a Q-tip to pop the cyst. It work. Slowly I'm draining it.

I use SA 2% on my regimen cause' to prevent new acne for forming so far. I reduce my status of being a severe acne to moderate acne. I hope by the end of the month I could reduce it to mild...

Here's is the TEE TREE OIL I'm using:

user posted image

link----------->go here

Well, so far...for me it had been killing the bacteria. Onn my right cheeck I have massive of cystic acne. And so far. It had been drying them out. I woke up and wash my face with my SA 2% cleanser and notice some of the cyst pop. I had to clean it and use a Q-tip to pop the cyst. It work. Slowly I'm draining it.

I use SA 2% on my regimen cause' to prevent new acne for forming so far. I reduce my status of being a severe acne to moderate acne. I hope by the end of the month I could reduce it to mild...

Here's is the TEE TREE OIL I'm using:

user posted image

link----------->go here

I don't use my fingers. I suggest you use a cotton just add to drops. Do it like your applying perfume. (you know how people do it) Then, I just dap it a little bit.. until I get a fresh sensation when I apply it. That's when I know it's on my acne.

Well, I barely bought it like 2 days ago. So, far it dried out my active cyst. I still have redness but, that you should go awya.

I'm really impress with this product. razz.gif