Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

you know those spots with the yellow coloured head with that pussy stuff inside?

well do they heal faster if you pop them or not, i know how to pop them correctly an all but do they heal faster or slower if you pop them?

thanx eusa_whistle.gif

Guest OnlyJoe

yellow head spots are best popped (ONLY IF YOU ARE CAREFUL, read front page about how to pop a spot).

soften skin with warm water and then use a sterile pin to make a small hole in the head. softly squeeze into a tissue to prevent spreading and stop when clear liquid comes out of blood comes out.

getting pus out in some cases makes the spot heal faster.

I sometimes just HAVE to pop!

I've experimented where I'll give a zit some time, hoping it'll go away. They linger for DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS and DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS. One of these, I popped yesterday and now it's GONE! Yay! Hooray!

I haven't had much of a problem with scarring either.

I'm told you can cross contaminate other pores with zit bacteria and start new zits in the surrounding area, and that worries me... I'm told they'll show up weeks later... I've been working on lifting the pus UP AND OFF of the zit, not smearing it around, and then disinfecting the surrounding area with various alcohol-astringent type things... Hopefully that helps, but who knows?

yeah my GP told me not to pop but sometimes you really just HAVE to! he told me that thing bout spreadin bacteria and makin more spots from poppin it and that has actually happened me, but thats prob. cos i didnt disenfect. what do u use to disinfest it with afterwards?

yeah my GP told me not to pop but sometimes you really just HAVE to! he told me that thing bout spreadin bacteria and makin more spots from poppin it and that has actually happened me, but thats prob. cos i didnt disenfect. what do u use to disinfest it with afterwards?

There seems to be a lot of debate if picking/popping them causes more scarring or not...

I had two awful cystic ones recently, I just picked them to death even thinking it would scar it, or at least spread it on my face even more, but I just couldn't stand the puss filled things!

I was so sure they would scar, because I went at them like a butcher knife with my finger nails and they looked like raw meat at times... After I gained a little self control I mega dosed them with bp and left them alone for a couple days, scabbed over. But oddly, now that they have healed there is no scar left behind at all. I don't get it. My main ice pick scar I have on my cheek I don't even remember picking at when it formed...

Sometimes I really really regret popping. I have scars to prove it. But other times I'm so happy I did and its just a little red dot the next day with no scar. The trick is making sure its a whitehead on the surface and not trapped under the skin. Otherwise if you pop it without actually get the stuff all out then you make things worse. The best time to do it is after a shower, or I do it in mid shower (so my pores are open, then I go back to the shower to clean it out) which works the best for me. Again, if it is a red bump...there really is not much you can do. When you do pop use a disinfected pin (if its a large zit) and squeeze with a tissue. (but not too hard or you will rub the skin off!) wash it out and disinfect it.

After I pop one i put some hydrogen peroxide just on the zit. Once its completly dry I put some neosporin on it and go on with my day.

I've left a few pustules in the past to see what happens and they just seem to dry up after a few days and still leave a red mark so I just pop them if i get them. Although I've only had one on my lower face in the last 6 weeks thankfully!