Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OursFan

TCA CROSS - Near Disaster

Last night I did a TCA CROSS treatment on myself. In the process of doing it I narrowly averted total disaster....

I put a magnifying suction mirror on my bathroom mirror. I was holding the open bottle of TCA in one hand and a toothpick in the other hand. During this time, the suction mirror started to fall and by instinct I went to catch it from falling. However, in so doing I flung the open TCA bottle toward the mirror and the solution spilled all over the mirror, my bathroom counter, the sink, and some stuff that was on the counter. I also managed to get it on my arms (small spattering). I was very lucky to have been wearing gloves or the solution would have burned my hands. I was also very lucky that I didn't get it all over my entire face & body. Luckily it didn't get into my eyes either. In the future I will not hold the bottle of TCA, I will keep it on the counter. I will wear my glasses from now on as well (those of you who do not wear glasses should wear goggles). I feel like an idiot but I felt I should share my near disaster so that people are aware that accidents can happen despite the best planning & intentions. If things had been slightly different I could have wound up in the emergency room last night. Above all TCA is an ACID and can be very dangerous.

shock.gif

I'm glad to hear you're alright, Tamara. smile.gif You're very lucky... it must have been really annoying to have lost all that solution, though. sad.gif But you're okay - that's the main thing!

How are your CROSS treatments going? What percentage of TCA were you using last night?

Thank you Paul! While I am not happy about losing the solution (about 1/2 spilled) I feel blessed that things didn't turn out worse and I am not complaining.

I have done 2 CROSS treatments on hidden areas of my face (sides, near temples which are covered by my hairstyle). These areas look somewhat improved so I decided that during my week off I would do the scars on my cheeks. I used 100% TCA.

Does that mean you'll still be mid-downtime for New Year's eve? shock.gif Are you currently piling on the neosporin? biggrin.gif Hope you have your digital camera at the ready to add to the subcision and needling gallery. wink.gif

I'm hoping to get CROSS done when I see Dr Chu at Easter, although I'm a little worried about the downtime...

It'll be really interesting to hear how you get on, because from the looks of your pictures, your scarring on your cheeks is very similar to mine. (Mostly rolling with some ice picks)

Good luck Tamara! eusa_dance.gif

I probably won't have much downtime because I am not very aggressive. I apply a very small amount of Polysporin.

That's great that you'll be doing CROSS w/Dr. Chu!

Thanks so much again, Paul! biggrin.gif

GOD ! i never thought of that.

bet you were in shock of what might have been neutral.gif

hope you are okay now. please be careful. it's a good thing you shared.

specially since i'm gonna get my first 12.5 this weel i hope and need all the advice i can get.

I'm glad you are okay, Tamara. smile.gif It sounds exactly like something that would happen to me. eusa_shifty.gif It is big of you to share what you feel is embarrassing so you can help others. eusa_angel.gif

Keep us posted on your progress with the TCA.

1st i love the elliott quote! thats awesome. hes my nonstop soundtrack right now. its all about either-or, maybe not everyones no. 1 album pic, but it is mine!

tragic about him, eh...

and finally, the reason i posted´what is this cross thing of which you speaka nd make sounds so scarily acidic?

-t

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Wow. Glad you're alright T!

rossigol... i will be getting tca with dr chu too! when i saw him last i asked him about downtime for tca and he said it wouldn't be too bad at all, just little red dots, which upon reflection i have lived a normal life with much worse acne in the past it seems it will be relatively easy. is easter when dr chu says that tca will start coiming into practise or is that when your appt is?

x

Whew! I actually almost missed this thread. ninja.gifninja.gif We should start a web site called peoplethatalmostburnedtheirfaceoffwithtca.com

Have you had any luck on rolling scars, or any other kind, btw?

Yeah, really- that's why it ticks me off when people take it so lightly. razz.gif

I just did the rolling & boxcars this time around - Previously I've only done shallow icepicks.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Wow- let me know how you're doing with the rolling scar thing Tamara!! I'm curious to know.

Hey...OG...whatsup!! biggrin.gif

Well spank my bottom and call me Daisy - Speak of the devil, it's Obicarazy. That's pretty hard to rhyme. evil.gif I just did another round of cross you guys. I will update my thread o' phear about it. I had no accidents! *Whew*

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Not sure about spanking, but I'll still call you Daisy biggrin.gif

Yeah, (without sounding too ghey) I was thinking about you (and your TCA) a little bit before. eusa_think.gifeusa_shifty.gif

So I'll wait for more updates. For some reason I thought you did more than 7 spots...

I'm curious how Tamara's rolling scars are doing with TCA also. eusa_think.gif