Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

To all the guys here:

Use an electric razor to shave. Clean the mesh with rubbing alcohol before you use it. Blades will make your acne look terrible and shaving cream certainly doesn't do you any good. After using an electric razor for a while, I had to use a blade cause I forgot to bring my electric with me... and I completely broke out. Not cool. So in short either use an electric razor or just accept that you will look like a hobo for a while smile.gif And if you really must use a blade, there is shaving cream out there with BP in it... so use that.

Guest OnlyJoe

i use phillishave sensotek, its expersive but luckily i got half price off (£75 off, £150 usually) it has 9 different levels for sesotive skin and the highest setting feels like a feather gliding over the skin... definatly worth the money.

I absolutely cannot shave myself clean, because my jawline is one of the worst areas on my face. That's why I grew a beard. It hides it, and I don't have to shave. I use a beard trimmer to keep it in line, and even then I have to make sure it never touches the skin.

actually for me i noticed a blad makes my skin look better,,

the electric shavers irritated my skin, and didnt give me a good shave,,

i use this razor for sensitive skin and use the aveeno sensitive shaving lotion, they work pretty good

I'm like tdm101, grew a beard and have had it a long time. I used a regular blade at first to shave back then and it wreaked havoc on my acne, made my face plum raw and painful, and I didn't think it was good to have acne sores cut open like that every day since I thought it would spread it... but it hurt bad anyways.

Any other suggestion for a good electric razor? My brother let me borrow his to try it out, but it was pretty old and didn't seem much better than a blade.

I just use a generic Braun electric shaver... it works pretty good and it doesn't irritate my skin too much, as I only shave maybe once a week. Though it still does from time to time cause a few minor zits to pop up, it's much better than when I was using a blade, which I definitely can't even think of using now because of how sensitive the tretinoin has made my skin... besides, I got tired of slicing my face open lol.gif

I find that hard to believe. Shaving cream has all kinds of oily gunk in it, unless you get the stuff with BP in it.

When I used a blade I used Equate Shaving Foam with BP in it. I guess it was more like a cream than a gel.