Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lissalyn

Anyone know about tazorac, benzamycin

Well, I have a new Regimen...I am supposed to wash with Plexion and then use Benzamycin and Tazorac Cream .05% along with Azelex Cream. Can someone please tell me anything about any of these...Do they work?

I used the plexion for a couple of months when my acne was at it's worst. I liked the way it made my skin feel. I don't know how much it contributed to clearing up my acne though since I was on an antibiotic. That was about 10 months ago. I have been using azelex in the morning and tazorac at night for the last 4 months, the combination of the two seem to keep my face clear. Now if I have a zit pop up, when I apply my tazorac at night it pretty much flakes off the next day.

Well i was prescribed Benzamycin, but I couldnt use it b/c it turns out i'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide...woops! But I have heard that it works. I used Azelex and unfortunately did nothing for me. BUT....its different for everyone, so give it a try. Bye!

Boy, does this stuff (Tazorac) make you RED??? WOW! And Dry! I do think it is working though. Does anyone know if your skin eventually gets used to this stuff? Does the burning calm down?

I love Tazorac! Everyday I see an improvement! The big pustules that I did have are nothing but dried out flaky patches! I haven't gotten any new pimples in the week that I have been using Tazorac and I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

If anyone does try this stuff you are going to need one heck of an exfoliator!

Tazorac worked great for about a month, but then my face got really red (like a sunburn) and I started breaking out again. How often do you use Tazorac? I'm thinking about stopping it.

I use Tazorac along with Azalex everynight before bed. It really made my face sore and red at the very beginning but now it is calming down. I had been prescribed Plexion cleanser to wash with and I stopped using that for the first few days of Tazorac treatment and went to something more mild. That really made a difference. Now I can use the Plexion with no problem.