Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unluckyguy

Cetaphil moisturizing lotion ( green bottle)

So I am nearing weekend number 3 on accutane, and I frequently get small pimples that are maybe just due to accutane or maybe cas I am using the cetaphil mositurizer (green bottle).

It is one of the favorite moisturizers in this board, but it still contains oil (macademia nut oil) as per the ingredients and does feel oily in the face when it is applied.

Is there anything better thatn that? I heard a lot of oil free moisturizers, but from what I could find from google search, most of them are really AHAs that bind moisture to the skin and have no oil, but then we cannot use them while on accutane.

I know the cetaphil bottle has the term "non comedoginic", written on it, but all it means is there is a less probablity of it clogging pores compared to other moisturizers, as per something I read on some internet site.

Does anyone have more info on it, is there something better than cetaphil that is really oil free....

Yeah I was kind of "iffy" about the Cetaphil Lotion. Not because it's cheap looking and cheap. It's because of the ingredients that I'm concerned about. People claim that some ingredients in the Cetaphil Lotion is pore clogging.

I'm also looking for a basic cleanser and moisturizer because I'm on Accutane. I just posted a thread called "your fav. cleanser/moisturizer"......maybe people will post.

So I am nearing weekend number 3 on accutane, and I frequently get small pimples that are maybe just due to accutane or  maybe cas I am using the cetaphil mositurizer (green bottle).

It is one of the favorite moisturizers in this board, but it still contains oil (macademia nut oil) as per the ingredients and does feel oily in the face when it is applied.

Is there anything better thatn that? I heard a lot of oil free moisturizers, but from what I could find from google search, most of them are really AHAs that bind moisture to the skin and have no oil, but then we cannot use them while on accutane.

I know the cetaphil bottle has the term "non comedoginic", written on it, but all it means is there is a less probablity of it clogging pores compared to other moisturizers, as per something I read on some internet site.

Does anyone have more info on it, is there something better than cetaphil that is really oil free....

Have you considered Moisturel?  It doesn't have AHA, and it's super soft, no fragrance, no oil, not pore clogging, feels like a puffy cloud on your face, or at least on mine.  It's still my favourite.

So I am nearing weekend number 3 on accutane, and I frequently get small pimples that are maybe just due to accutane or  maybe cas I am using the cetaphil mositurizer (green bottle).

It just occurred to me to those of you who are looking for an alternative to Cetaphil. I didn't know whether you wanted a lotion with an spf or not. Moisturel doesn't have an spf, I guess that's why it's so soft, without all the extra chemicals in it.

It's a lot trickier to find something light with an spf. I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Drytouch Sunblock spf 45. But I really don't know if it's appropriate for those on tane. It is lighter than the regular Neutrogena sunblock, though. I have very sensitive skin, super photo sensitive, so I use this lighter lotion in midday.

There is one other lotion that I have found light, Olay for sensitive skin. It does not have oil, it says oil free on the bottle. And I think, if memory serves, there is an Olay with an spf should you need it; however, I've never tried it. Don't worry about it smelling feminine. I don't like feminine fragrances myself, so I try to find something neutral. But Moisturel is about as neutral as lotions can be.

I wish I could be of more help!

Have your doctor prescribe Cleocin-T lotion. For years, it has been the only thing that I've used to moisturize my face. Only recently did I start using Cetaphil lotion and I stopped three days ago since I noticed pimples rising up.

Arpazia,

That lotion is a Clindamycin solution, right? Isnt it basically an antibiotic, with dryness as one of the listed side effect?

Is there a different form of it that you are using to act as a moisturizer?

Have your doctor prescribe Cleocin-T lotion.  For years, it has been the only thing that I've used to moisturize my face.  Only recently did I start using Cetaphil lotion and I stopped three days ago since I noticed pimples rising up.

What about colladerm?

That does not have any oil, but then it looks shady, cas it is basically an age reduction sort of cream and acne is really the last thing the makers of that cream would be worrying about when they pick the ingredients...

Ok, I will go and buy it then, I am not going to use the cetaphil stuff on my face now.

Did someone else use colladerm, is it really oil free, damn I am spending money like water on this moisturizer stuff and I am really pissed off.

Arpazia,

That lotion is a Clindamycin solution, right? Isnt it basically an antibiotic, with dryness as one of the listed side effect?

Is there a different form of it that you are using to act as a moisturizer?

Oh, and I wanted to add that I completely understand about spending too much money on your skin. Between buying every product mentioned on Acne.Org, the vitamins/supplements, the expensive make-up, water, the skincare products, Aquaphor, the trips to the dermatologist (new one in Manhattan), the water, the prescription for the drugs, etc., etc., my face should incredible and flawless by now...

Speaking of vitamins and water, these things will help your dry skin problem a lot. Some people take Vitamin E but I found it makes me breakout so I use Evening Primrose Oil and I am constantly drinking water. I think you can do more for your skin by treating it from the inside out then the other way around.

Hmm, yaa sounds good, except for the lactic acid part.

I have a nice AHA based moisturizer but I do not want to use it while on tane, so I guess I will try olay stuff that gentle soul suggested, will let you know how it works out...